Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Re: La Liga

Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno reportedly informs teammates he’s going to Real Madrid

Sevilla left-back, Alberto Moreno has reportedly informed teammates within the dressing room that “I’m going to Real Madrid,” where the 21-year-old will replace Fabio Coentrao and split time with Marcelo and Los Blancos continue to build their youth movement.

According to a report by AS, Moreno recently renewed his contract with the Andalusians until 2018 and slapped with a €30 million release clause, however, they would be willing to sell the Spanish international for €18 million and could go as low as €15 million.

Yet, Real Madrid may face stiff competition from a familiar face, as Napolio manager, Rafa Benitez is keen to bring the talented youngster to the Serie A, where he is building a formidable squad with former Real Madrid players.

While the report goes on to state that despite interest from Napoli, he will choose Real Madrid, but these reports may be an attempt to destabalise the player, just as the reports linking Atletico Madrid goalkeeper, Thibault Courtois to Los Blancos were accused of doing.

Neither Sevilla nor Moreno has responded to this report at the time of publication.

Comentario

Ekiza: I have no plans to leave Athletic

Athletic Club Bilbao centre-back Borja Ekiza has admitted that little first-team action this season has been tough to take, but he remains determined to prove his worth.

Despite rumours suggesting that Borja Ekiza is looking for a way out of Athletic Club Bilbao, at a press call on Wednesday, he emphatically rubbished such thoughts, hoping that will have the opportunity to stay as long as possible.

“At no time have I considered leaving the club. I’m Athletic through and through, I’ve been here many years and I just have to take this. My contract finishes in 2015, I hope to fulfil that and stay for many more years.”

Having been a first-team regular for the previous three seasons, this hasn’t been the most memorable of campaigns for Ekiza, with a series of persistent injuries hindering his progress, whilst when he has been fit, he’s barely had any opportunities to play. He remains determined to keep fighting for a place though.

“On a personal level, the situation is complicated, because I’ve never played so few minutes. I’m a professional though, I have to assume the role I’m given and be prepared for when I can play. This team is playing at a very high level and all the players are doing well.”

The central defender, who recently turned 26, also denied that there’s any rift between himself and manager Ernesto Valverde. Understandably, Ekiza remains a frustrated figure on the sidelines.

“I’ve not spoken with the manager, but there’s nothing to say. I wasn’t expecting a season like this at all, but what I have to focus on, is helping the team however I can, in the eleven remaining games.”

This season, he’s only played the first 36 minutes of the opening La Liga game of the campaign at Real Valladolid, followed by a second-half showing in the Copa del Rey against Celta Vigo. In total, he’s clocked up less than ninety minutes for the whole season.

Positive backing for the fringe players, from club president Josu Urrutia have been well received by Ekiza, who admitted that were it not for his own love of Athletic, it would be a more difficult situation to accept.

“That these words came from the president, they’re valuable and something positive. At any other club, my situation would be much more difficult to live with. Here though, we have a great group of team-mates, who are more a group of friends, who support you and help make things better for you.”

Comentario

Oriol Riera: If Barca are in crisis, I wouldn’t mind being in their shoes

Catalan striker Oriol Riera needs absolutely no motivation this weekend, as his Osasuna side take on Barcelona at the Camp Nou, where all his friends and family will be watching on.

The defeat last weekend against Málaga was a tough blow for Osasuna, but at his press call on Thursday, striker Oriol Riera insisted that it’s one they’re keen to move on from.

“If we don’t turn the page quickly, things will go badly. We have to learn both positive and negative lessons from our last game, but without being obsessive. It was a very important game, one in which we did do some things well, but should have done better in others. We’re just looking ahead now, with ambition and enthusiasm.”

The next challenge for Osasuna comes against Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Sunday. Riera acknowledged that it’s going to be a very tough encounter for his team, but believes they’ll give a good account of themselves.

“Playing against one of the top three sides is always very difficult, but we’re going there keen to make things difficult for them, a team that won’t be making their lives easy. At least, that’s what we’ll be trying to do.”

As for the suggestion that Barcelona are in crisis, following their shock defeat away at Real Valladolid last weekend, the Osasuna striker joked that it’s the sort of crisis he wouldn’t mind experiencing.

“If Barca are in crisis, I wouldn’t mind being in their shoes, having only lost three games in La Liga, being in the quarter-finals of the Champions League and in the final of the Copa del Rey. As far as I’m concerned, we’re playing against the best Barca and against a great team.”

Riera spent six of his formative years as a footballer in the youth ranks at Barcelona. Clearly for 27-year-old the Catalan, this game will be a marvellous opportunity that he’s really looking forward to.

“It’s a dream come true. The truth is, this year I’m achieving lots of things I never thought I would at the highest level and in the best league in the world. Also, after ten years, I’m going back to play at the Camp Nou. I’ll be doing that as a visitor and my parents will be there, my family, friends… basically everyone who has been through the good and bad times with me and now they’ll get to see my reward. I’m very motivated.”

Comentario

De Marcos: Beating Villarreal will send out a clear message

Oscar De Marcos believes that securing three points against Villarreal on Monday, will effectively make it clear that Athletic Club Bilbao have no intentions of giving up their hold on fourth place in La Liga.

Three points would put Athletic Club Bilbao ten points clear of Villarreal, if they can win the encounter between the two sides at El Madrigal on Monday night. That is exactly what the Basque side will be trying to do, explained Oscar De Marcos, during a press call on Thursday.

“Beating Villarreal will send out a clear message. If we win, we’ll gain a very important advantage in the league table. First though, we’ve got to play the game.”

With two wins, three draws and one defeat defeats in their last six games, the taste of victory hasn’t been as regular as the team would like, admitted De Marcos. The same could be said for Villarreal though, as they try to close the gap on Athletic.

“Maintaining consistency is always very difficult. We also went through a rough patch a few weeks ago, a mini-crisis. All teams grind to a halt at some point or another, but Villarreal are a very strong team, most of all offensively and we have to respect them, especially at their place.”

Even with their hold on fourth place, De Marcos pointed out that with plenty of games left, a bad run of results could quickly change things, so there’s no room for complacency against Villarreal.

“If they win a game and we grind to a halt, that puts them closer to us again. It’s true that we have a seven point advantage of seven points, but with eleven games left, there’s still time for anything to happen.”

The road ahead for Athletic is simple though, according to De Marcos, keep progressing the way they have throughout the season.

“We have to keep going the same way we have been, give everything in every game. There’s eleven games to go and we have to take them one at a time.”

Comentario

A Valencia carol

These days you would find Valencia to be a city on fire. The smell of powder will tickle your nose. The enormous Fallas monuments turn every block of the city into a grand and magnificent piece of art. Up to 15 meters high, they are ordinary Valencians (and falleros, the creating artists) chance to state their opinion about politicians, footballing personalities and any other creature that they feel deserve a satirical mocking. It makes the perfect scene for an exploratory walk in between the news of late.

Imagine you are in the streets of Valencia, now during Las Fallas. You take a deep breath and fill your nose with the enthusing smell of powder. Everywhere you hear the sound of petards (firecrackers) exploding. As you start your walk it is dark. The path that lies in your future is unknown to you. The dark is all around. As you climb slowly up the stairs from the Turia riverbed, you see a massive figure surrounded by darkness, only it’s many faces are slightly lit. A small sign post says; ”el fantasma del passat”.

This is where the dark shadows of the past reside, casting their immortal shadows over the current. Juan Bautista Soler’s ruinous presidential period was the culmination of an era plagued with megalomania, after the success in Champions League and Primera División. Buying mediocre players expensively and giving them high salaries left the club loosing huge amounts of money every single season. Already when Soler took over it looked bad. When he was forced out it was a disaster waiting to happen. But while ghosts like Soler shrink and disappear, there are those who remain in the shadows. In this story, these are represented by the local politicians and Generalitat Valenciana.

After Soler, they lost faith in the club’s ability to manage itself and placed their own people at the very top of the club, while also supporting it financially. This became their licence to control the club, to be the master of puppets. The most famous puppet, Llorente, was the one who introduced the solution where the Valencian Institute of Finance guaranteed Fundación’s 90 million euro loan. Several later projects to save the situation failed, most notably the newcoval scheme which aimed to finish the stadium, but that ended in fiasco. After Fundación forfeited their loan through not being able to pay the due amounts last year, the Generalitat wants out. And they want out without being negatively impacted financially, and reputationally. From the shadows they seek however still to control the sale, still to control the club.

Somewhat startled by the gloomy shadows of the riverbed, you walk to the Plaza Ayuntamiento, where there is more people, more light. The Fallas figure depicts a rather chaotic scene. Like a modern day “Gladiator”, club president Amadeo Salvo can be seen preaching to his faithful followers the tale of a new tomorrow. Through lowering ticket prices and his outspoken ways he has given the people what they need to be swayed; bread and circus.

On the other side of the figure, you see a bank which is leaking money and a man, Goirigolzarri, trying to close the hole in it’s bottom to stop the money from flowing out. Next to him, politicians are pushing him towards the edge, trying to force him to hurry up giving them their money back. Behind them, in their shadows you can catch a glimpse of the Fundación council sitting around the table ready to vote, desperately trying to hide the what is written on their ballot. Under the table you can see several people with microphones and note pads. Just as you are about to leave you see in the corner of your eye an almost invisible set of threads running from the Fundación council members backs. As you are studying them closer, you can see most of them being attached to the ayuntamiento building itself. Others disappear into the shadows.

The Fundación had a meeting yesterday where they discussed many of the aspects of the sale. No doubt they have a back crushing weight of responsibilities on their shoulders. It is the Fundación who in practice will finally decide the chosen buyer. Meanwhile filtrations to the press about the potential buyers and Valencia’s financial details threaten to derail the process. Aurelio Martinez proposed that a non-disclosure agreement to be signed, to avoid further leakages. It will not matter.

When the votes will be cast in April, Aurelio Martinez and several council members want the voting to be secret to avoid pressure. But will the council members really feel “secure”? I doubt it. I have said it before, and I say it again; This is all a real life “House of Cards”. The strongest and most ruthless will win. The one who knows how and who to sway, who really decides.

Valencia CF and Salvo on their side was forced to turn to a press release to deny allegations that they were delaying the process by not sharing the required information. At the same time they claimed to be aggrieved by the filtrations to the media and stated that they would study the possibility of taking legal actions against the sources of the leakage. The financial data released in local newspaper Las Provincias, was interestingly classified as “totally inaccurate”. A quite interesting description.

In the Fundacion council meeting, Salvo tried to regain some force after having lost the battle for power. He continues to challenge Generalitat Valenciana, asking whether they “will withdraw from the day-today running of the club”. A clear provocation, even though it is a legitimate question based on truth. Salvo yet again ended up the looser after Aurelio Martinez energetically refused to align Fundacion’s vote with that of Valencia CF. Did Martinez have any choice? Not really.

What most of us are more interested in, is the future. What will come of all this? Which potential buyers are there? Who will win? Do they have a lot of money for new players? Leaving the Plaza Ayuntamiento, you walk towards the Mercat Central where you probably enjoyed an amazing horchata earlier in the day. Collado is dark. The 15 meter high figure dominates the small plaza. It is covered in clouds of uncertainty, making it impossible to make out the details. You study the contours and start to make out some details of the ghosts of the future.

The city is still searing with rumours, and as we predicted there are every day “news” about buyers, often conflicting. One thing is very clear; Before 15:59 on April 1st, the number of official binding offers will be very close to zero. As described in previous articles, it makes no sense for a potential buyer in any acquisition to submit their bid ahead of time. It makes them vulnerable to changes or new information. It also increases the already very high risk of leakages. What has happened so far though is that several potential buyers have requested access to the virtual data room containing relevant information on the club’s financials.

The origin of these groups are said to be Arab, American, Russian and British. Some also claim there are Chinese, but most likely that is speculation based on the presence of Mr. Wang Jianli at Mestalla some days ago. Unless the Wanda CEO also wants to buy Villarreal and Atletico Madrid, who he will also be visiting, that is very unlikely. There is also speculation that Salvo is clinging on the hope that if he can get someone to bail out IVF for the 90 million Fundación loan, Generalitat Valenciana will withdraw their claws from the control sticks of the sale process. That is at best naive. The reports about Peter Lim’s participation in the current stage of the sale are contrasting; Some claim he hopes to be Salvo’s saviour, most that he has withdrawn.

Most of what is released in the media these days I would classify as “gossip”, somewhere between information and speculation. With that I mean it is most likely not entirely accurate, but that it will contain grains of truth. They are pieces of a puzzle, or rather pieces of puzzleS. Still, the most talked about potential buyers are the expected Arab bids. One is claimed to originate in Bahrain, but channelled through the UK. The other one is said to stem from Saudi Arabia. The latter is said to be the favourite, and Plaza Deportiva earlier this week claimed it is Saudi prince and CEO of Kingdom Holding Company Al-Waleed bin Talal who is behind it. Worth 20 billion dollars, he should at least have the required money.

According to local newspaper Levante EMV, the first binding offer comes from Bahrain and a company with operations in Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, in addition to London (keep in mind that offers at this time is unlikely….). It is claimed that Saudi oil giant Saudi Aramco is guaranteeing the bid. To describe the size of the company’s operations we could compare their production of petroleum barrels per day of 12,5 million to Norway’s Statoil’s 2 million, UK’s BP with 4,1 million or American ExxonMobil with 5,1 million (Forbes). In my view it seems strange if the Saudi’s are competing with themselves, even if Saudi Aramco is privately held. With the bidding company in both cases having the same office locations if the reports are to be trusted, it is more likely it is the same bid they are talking about.

The Arabs are said to have included in their total package both finishing Nou Mestalla for 130 million euros and additional investments in the Valencia region. It seems these have indeed understood how and whom to sway. Connected to the bid are also local Valencians, some claim. On the one hand mentions of long time Valencia president wannabe Alfonso Rus and former Valencia player Amadeo Carboni are frequent. Local businessmen De Roca and Garcia Montes are also mentioned as having relations with the potential bidders. Today new claims placed another former Valencia player in the bid, namely former PSG Director of Football Leonardo Araujo. Together with Alain Roche, also he a former Valencia defender, they would add to the current set up with Rufete and Ayala. These different ties can point to speculation, wishful thinking or indicate that there are in fact two offers.

As you can see, these are treacherous waters, difficult to read. One of the reasons is that some of the claims are speculation, others are information which can yet again be divided in real information and planted information. It is still very much a political game of who can sway the right people, where the fight for control in the future is on-going.

March 19th is the last night of Fallas, called “Nit de foc” in Valencian language. The night of fire is when the giant Fallas figures, which artists and the neighbourhood have spent a year creating, will be set on fire to celebrate the new start that is spring. In Fallas the “ninot indultat” is voted to the best of the around 500 Fallas figures and the only one to be spared. As the fire engulfs the clouds surrounding the future, it remains to be seen who will remain to be victorious, and whether there is a spring after this horrid winter.

Comentario

Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic plays down Real Madrid links

Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has played down speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti twice tried to sign Begovic whilst in charge at Chelsea and, with Diego Lopez possibly on the way out of Real this summer, it has been reported he may make another move for the Bosnian this summer.

Begovic, however, has received no contact from the Spanish giants.

He told The Sentinel: "I'm proud to read that sort of stuff, but it's just rumours.

"There's nothing official or any contact with anyone from Madrid.

"It's extraordinary, brilliant, to be linked with a club like that, one of the biggest in the world.

"I'm very happy at Stoke and I have an excellent position here. I only think about my club.

"If you come to me with more than speculation then I'll give you more specific answers in the future."

Comentario

Álvaro Arbeloa to be sidelined for two months with knee injury

Real Madrid right-back, Álvaro Arbeloa is set to miss the next two months after suffering a crack in right knee cap, effectively ending his season and putting his chances of making to this summer’s 2014 World Cup at risk.

According to La Sexta, the injury, which after initial tests was only to keep him out of action for three to four weeks, is worse than originally thought upon further review and would require up to two months to heal.

If true, the defender would be out of action until the end of May, missing the remainder of the season, and could be left out of Spain’s 2014 World Cup squad, as he would only be fit roughly one week before Vicente Del Bosque names the final squad.

Arbeloa has been one of Del Bosque’s most consistent players, recording more minutes than any other player under the former Real Madrid boss’ reign.

Comentario

Koke: We have a great project and I hope to be at Atleti for many years to come

Atletico Madrid midfielder, Koke has silenced the transfer rumours, insisting that he’s looking forward to being at the core of their project and could see himself being a one-club player, much to the disappoint of some of the biggest names in Europe.

In an interview with ‘Minute 116’, Koke spoke about the possibility that he could remain with the club for the remainder of his career.

“A one-club player? Maybe, why not? I could be here forever. At the moment I have a very long contract and I want to fulfill it because Atleti is my home. We have a great team, a beautiful project and I hope I can be here for many years to come.

“Simone telling me I could be one of the 10 best players in the world is a major compliment. What he’s given us, not just me but all of my teammates, is spectacular.”

Koke went on to discuss making it to the quarterfinals of the Champions League behind their game by game mentality.

“We haven’t given it much thought. We’ll see who we draw in the next round and who we stand up next to them, because it’ll be one of the best teams. It’s going to be a great experience and I hope we can advance. We need to keep going game by game and not deviate from this, which is what brought us here.

“From the first moment we believed in Simeone, in his way to seeing football and how he’s led us today, we finish one game and think about the next, we never look beyond the next one.

“We don’t care who we draw in the Champions League, the only ones left are the best and all of them will be a difficult opponent. It’s an exciting game, but in no way are we afraid because we’ve beaten some great teams. We’ll see who we’re drawn with and after that, when the game comes, we’ll focus all our efforts on that.

“The team is making history and hopefully it’ll continue for many years, because what we’re doing, we’re achieving our goals and this is great.”

Koke concluded by discussing the prospects of making it on the national team for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

“It’s true I have the confidence of the coach, but I’ don’t know if I’ll go. It’ll depend on these last two months and how the team’s going. I hope to be there.

“It’s better to have Diego Costa than be against him. He’s a great player. From the first moment, he was just one more, he stayed with those from Madrid, from Barca…with everyone. Outisde the pitch, he’s a great guy.”

Comentario

JIM: Beating Barca has completely change our outlook

Real Valladolid manager Juan Ignacio Martínez has noted there’s more of a buzz amongst his players, after they beat Barcelona at the José Zorilla last weekend, preparing to take on Sevilla at the Sánchez-Pizjuán on Sunday.

Holding his pre-match press conference, ahead of visiting Sevilla on Sunday evening, Real Valladolid manager Juan Ignacio Martínez warned that his team must take extra care against the aerial prowess of their opponents.

“Sevilla are a team who are superb in the air and who show a lot of power from their set-pieces. They also have an outstanding player in Rakitic, who has a great ability with his final pass and is pure talent.”

JIM is also conscious that after the Europa League derby defeat at home against Real Betis on Thursday night, Sevilla will be chomping at the bit to set the record straight.

“I’m sure they’ll be enraged about having lost the derby against Real Betis, which will make things even more difficult for us, in all liklihood, although we should still go there convinced about what we can do and with plenty of mental strength.”

The Real Valladolid manager noted that his team received a huge boost to their morale with their victory against Barcelona last weekend, but pointed out that there’s still much work to be done, if his team are to keep themselves out of the relegation zone.

“Beating Barcelona has completely changed our outlook. The team has shown that they can beat anyone. It was an important triumph in every respect, but it’s only one step and there’s plenty of those to come, because we’re well aware of how even things are in the table.”

Comentario

European Commission announces formal indictment against seven Spanish clubs

The Brussels-based European Commission has announced that they are bringing a formal cases against seven Spanish clubs over three possible tax issues, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna’s tax status being brought into question, as they are not a corporations and may have a tax advantage over other clubs.

The first part is in regards to possible tax privileges for Real Madrid, Barca, Osasuna and Athletic, who were not required to become a stock company in 1992. The first three are taxed at 25% and the fourth by the tax authority of the Basque Country, 21%, while other clubs, sporting entities, pay 30%.

Several specific parts of the investigation are into Real Madrid’s deal with the Madrid government to change their training ground in the North of Madrid after the area was re-zoned as a business district, while Real Madrid has sold land to the government in the past, and vice versa.

16 years ago, when Real Madrid purchased the land in 1998, it was valued at €595,194, although it was bought for €488,000 and as of three years ago was valued at €22.7 million, 38 times the purchase price.

The Commission is investigating as to why “no independant appraisals were made in 1998 or 2011.”

While the other part is an investigation into the possibility of Valencia, Elche and Hercules using public funding for amounts of €118 million and Valencia’s use of public aid to help build the Nou Mestalla, with a loan of €75 million from Bancaja.

In regards to Hercules’ use of public funding, the Commission is investigating a loan of €18 million, which was used to purchase shares and €14 million loaned to Elche, which was also issued by the Banco de Valencia to purchase shares.

Comentario

Cesc: Barça is the favourite in all three competitions

Barcelona midfielder, Cesc Fabregas recently spoke about the team’s turnaround from their loss to Real Valladolid and their Champions League victory several days later and where the team is headed now.

In an interview with Catalan radio station, RAC1, Cesc began by discussing the change in form, which he admits isn’t healthy and believes Barcelona are the favourites to win La Liga, Champions League and the Copa del Rey.

“It’s not good for the fans, or the players that we change the image of the team in a matter of four days, with such a great effort against Manchester City and very little like we showed against Valladolid. The performance we showed is not fitting of a player wearing the Barça shirt.

“I was worried that there’d be critics and it would affect the team, but the opposite has happened, I see the team very motivated. We’ll give everything and Barça is the favourite in all three competitions.”

On the subject of all three competitions, Cesc admitted that while he would like to avoid Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals, but that all teams will be a challenge.

“Avoid Real Madrid and Bayern? Yes, but there’s also Chelsea, PSG has taken a giant leap in quality…at this point every opponent is difficult.”

Cesc then spoke about teammates; Leo Messi, Xavi, Carles Puyol and Victor Valdes.

“Messi is the natural leader of the team and we have been guided by him. We need to get the best out of Messi in order for this team to continue aspiring for everything.

“I don’t see myself doing what Xavi does, because he’s unique. There’s no other, no matter how hard you look, there’s only one Xavi. The one who will eventually replace him will need to be very strong mentally and the team and fans will need to get used to them playing a little differently. The day Xavi isn’t here, we’ll see a slightly different Barça. I’m not sure if it’ll be better or worse, but it will different for sure.

“I knew several days before [that Puyol would announce he was leaving Barça] and I felt very sad. He leaves as a mythical figure, a Barça legend. He leaves showing character…many people would have stayed on for two more years collecting a paycheck…but he chose to leave with dignity.

“Only Valdes knows what he’s lived through. [His leaving] is something very personal. He’s suffered a lot of wear and tear. Xavi, Puyol, Victor and even Andres have lived through the worst moments of the club before winning all the time and that’s something we’ll always remember.”

Comentario

Altieri: Tata is very happy to be managing the best team in the world

Carlos Altieri, football coach and close ally of Barcelona manager Tata Martino, believes his friend will fulfil his contract and despite rumours to the contrary, insists he’s more than happy at the Catalan club.

Speaking with Catalan broadcaster La Xarxa, Carlos Altieri was asked for his thoughts, amidst all the current speculation, whether he believes his close friend Tata Martino will be managing Barcelona next season.

“If he stays next season or not, only Tata knows. But given how I know him, he always fulfils his contracts. I’m not sure how long he’s signed for, buy I know that Martino always sees out his contracts.”

Pointed out to him that Martino had signed until June 2015, Altieri was in no doubts that the Barcelona manager will fully intend to see his job through, that is of course, if the club want him to.

“If he has a contract until 2015, then he’s going to complete it and if he doesn’t, then that will be a decision taken by the board, not by himself. Certainly, he’s very respectful of anything he signs. He’s a very good person, he’s an ethical person and he always respects a contract he signs.”

Often mentioned since his appointment, is the disdain and lack of animation shown in press conferences. Altieri simply pointed out that Martino is more of a level headed guy.

“Tata is the kind of man that in football, never gets too enthusiastic and never gets depressed often.”

Altieri did assure though, that despite media speculation that Martino is unhappy at Barcelona, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

“No manager could get down about managing Barcelona. There’s always certain miseries around football, everywhere you look. He’s very happy to be managing the best team in the world.”

Comentario

Atletico Madrid keeping tabs on Granada’s young centre-back Jeison Murillo

Atletico Madrid are reportedly tracking Granada’s 21-year-old Colombian centre-back, Jeison Murillo and could make a move for the breakout star as they continue to build their squad to challenge for all three titles next season.

According to Italian sports daily, La Gazzetta dello Sport, neither Toby Alderweield or Gimenez have proven to manager Diego Simeone that they are capable of filling the roles of Diego Godin and Miranda, and Murillo is believed to be a Simeone-type player who could either challenge the two starters for their position or replace one of them, should they be transferred.

Murillo held out signing a contract extension with Granada all the way up until last week, where the new deal will see the defender remain in Granada until 2019 with a release clause of €35 million.

However, Granada are not keen on negotiating the sale of the player and would likely ask the full release clause for the Colombian, who has played a total of 23 games for Granada, averaging 5.4 clearances per game (125 total) and 2.4 interceptions per match (56).

Comentario

Llorente: If a player wants to leave, the club shouldn’t stand in the way

Juventus forward, Fernando Llorente recently expressed his disgust in the way Athletic Bilbao treated him in his final season with the club and feels that if a player wants to leave, the club should help him rather than stand in his way and make and example out of him.

In n interview with Italian sports daily, Il Corriere della Sera, Llorente spoke about the treatment he received at Athletic Bilbao after he informed them that he intended to leave when his contract ended in 2013.

“Leaving Athletic was very hard because that’s where I was formed…Athletic only uses youth products and don’t sign players from outside the club. They live with what they have. I understand this mentality but if a player wants to leave, the club has to help him, not hinder him as they did to me. I left for a number of different reasons and it’s not fair that the fans hate me.”

Llorente went on to add that he had a lot of offers, but Juve’s was the one I liked the most.

“Juventus wanted me. I had other offers but Juventus convinced me. I believe in the team’s project, especially the manager, Antonio Conte and I didn’t make a mistake coming here.”

Llorente has no regrets about joining Juventus, despite the rocky start.

“The start at Juevenut was hard. I struggled a lot because I wasn’t used to the workload they have here. However, for it being the first year, I’m fine, although I still have to improve.”

Comentario

Duda’s wife defends Pepe after hard challenge on her husband

Duda’s wife, Arancha defended Real Madrid centre-back Pepe after the Portuguese international put his spikes into her husband’s leg in a challenge that went uncalled, insisting that Pepe’s actions were unintentional and that he adores her husband.

Pepe catched Duda on the knee with studs, but stayed on the pitch.

Following the match, Arancha posted a photo of Pepe with her three daughters, showing that there was no ill intent, despite Pepe’s reputation.

“I know many of you are bothered by Pepe’s challenge but I know it was unintentional and he adores my husband.”

For his part, Duda recognised that the hard challenge was unintentional, but felt the referee should have shown a card.

“”It’s one of those things that happens in football and it’s a shame the referee didn’t see it clearly. It seems cards were only going in the one direction.”

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                                Espere un momento...
                                X