X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Re: La Liga

Andres Iniesta thanks fans for support after losing his child

Barcelona midfielder, Andres Iniesta confirmed reports on Sunday evening that he had indeed lost the child he and his wife had been expecting and took to Facebook to thank the fans for their tremendous outpouring of support.

In the message posted on his official Facebook account, Iniesta confirmed that his wife Anna, who was seven months pregnant with their second child, lost the baby due to complications and wished to thank the fans for the support and asked that they respect the couple’s privacy during this difficult time.

“Good Evening. On behalf of Anna, myself and our families, we can’t thank you enough for all of your support and affection over these last several days. My family and I are overwhelmed and infinitely grateful to all of you. There are difficult times and we thank you for respecting our privacy. We’re certain that for up above, the little one will help us…Big hugs for everyone.”

Iniesta was a last-minute scrap for Barcelona’s match at Valladolid, due to “personal reasons” which were later reported to be due to the loss of the child, which the Spanish midfielder has confirmed.

Comentario

Getafe sack Luis García after 12 La Liga games without a win

Getafe called a press conference on Monday morning, to announce that Luis García has been sacked as manager. Cosmin Contra is set to be installed as his replacement.

Having gone twelve games without savouring the taste of victory, after the defeat at Real Betis this weekend, Getafe manager Luis García already seemed to sense that the end was near.

Sure enough, at a press conference called on Monday, Getafe officially announced that García has been dismissed from his post.

Director Toni Muñoz opened the press conference, by stating: “We’re thankful to him for his work. He’s been a great professional and we have to be thankful for the time he’s been with us.”

García himself then had the opportunity to say his farewell.

“It’s a sad day. With all my heart, I hope that Getafe can stay in the Primera for another season. Out of 113 official games, apart from the last 12, we’ve achieved our objective. We’ve given our lives for Getafe. The door closes for one and opens for another.”

“The first two years have been good. In the cup we’ve knocked out great teams, we’ve had great moments when we’ve beaten Barca and Real Madrid, but this recent poor run has been the worst of times.”

The replacement for Luis García won’t come as any surprise. Following strong suggestions last month, that former player Cosmin Contra would leave his post at Romanian side Petrolul Ploiesti. That now appears to be the case, with Contra set to take charge ahead of next Friday’s La Liga encounter at the Coliseum, against Granada.

Comentario

Courtois: I don’t have any agreement with any club

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois has adamantly denied reports that he has given Real Madrid a verbal committment to join the cross-town rivals on a free transfer once his contract with Chelsea expires in 2016.

Spanish radio station Cadena SER’s ‘El Larguero’ programme reported on Sunday evening that Courtois had informed Atletico Madrid CEO, Gil Marin that he had given a verbal committment to join Real Madrid in 2016, but the Belgian international has denied the reports.

“It’s totally false. I couldn’t have said anything like that to Miguel Ángel Gil Marin because it’s not true. I don’t have any agreement with any club. Everyone knows that I have a contract with Chelsea and I am happy with Atletico.”

In addition to the statements by Courtois, Spanish sports daily, AS quotes sources to the club stating that “[Courtois] has always been very clear with us and so we continue to negotiate with Chelsea in order to keep him her for many more years.”

Atletico Madrid have proposed a permanent transfer, but it may be out of their price range, but have also suggested Courtois renew his deal with Chelsea, thus allowing him to come on loan once again next year.

Comentario

Neymar case embarrassed Barcelona, says club president

Barcelona's president has admitted the saga surrounding the transfer of Brazilian superstar Neymar has been "embarrassing".

But Josep Maria Bartomeu told the BBC that the Spanish champions had done nothing wrong.

Spain's authorities accuse Barcelona of tax fraud over the transfer.

"It's embarrassing because we think we are right," Bartomeu said. "We think we did things properly, that everything was done in the correct and best way."

The club were formally accused of tax fraud in February, when a judge in Spain ruled there was enough evidence to continue investigations into the transfer.

It is alleged that Barcelona tried to evade £7.58m in taxes after signing the Brazilian forward from Santos in June last year.

Costly signing
          With the initial fee paid in the summer, plus a signing-on fee, wages during his five-year deal, agents fees and an £11.2m tax payment, Neymar has cost Barcelona £106.8m

Bartomeu added: "Barcelona acted in the proper way but if somebody thinks that there is damage to the name of Barcelona then there is damage to be repaired."

Insisting the club had done nothing wrong, he added: "We are not happy with the situation but we will defend our club very strongly."

In January, Sandro Rosell resigned as Barcelona president following accusations he misappropriated money. He is also being investigated but denies any wrongdoing.

At the time of the move, Barcelona said the transfer was worth £48.6m but, after questions were raised by a member of the club, they were forced to release documents showing the full cost to be more than £71m.

A fortnight ago, after a judge decided the investigation into the transfer could continue, Barcelona made a "voluntary contribution" of more than £11m in taxes. So far, there is no sign the payment will bring an end to the criminal investigation.

Bartomeu said: "We paid because of prudence, because there is a possible different interpretation. So we want to be prudent. We don't want to take any risks.

"Barca is a very well known brand name in the world and we have to take care of Barca of the club and doing this is prudent situation to keep the good image of our club.

"We don't agree with the judge, of course. For us, this is an absurd and unfair situation because we did everything correctly in signing Neymar to FC Barcelona."

Comentario

Thiago Silva: I’m flattered by Barca’s interest, but I’m happy in Paris

Paris Saint Germain centre-back, Thiago Silva may prove to be the “one that got away” for Barcelona, as the Brazilian has stated that while he appreciates the rumours once again linking him with a move to the Camp Nou, he’s happy at Paris and looks to see out his contract with the club.

In a recent interview with Spanish sports daily, Marca, Silva insisted that he looks to see out his contract, which expires in 2018 and is focused on advancing deep into the Champions League and winning their second consecutive Ligue 1 title.

“I feel good, I feel appreciated by what is said about me in the press. I am happy, and my work is being recognised, but I am happy in Paris and hope to see out my contract.

“If we continue playing like this, we are also in with a good chance of winning the Champions League. I think that the toughest rival at the moment is Bayern.”

On the subject of the Champions League, Silva admits that the Spanish sides look to be the strongest of the competition and feels PSG could cause problems for Real Madrid, should the two teams meet.

“They look very strong. Last year we were knocked out by Barcelona. This year we have faced Real Madrid a few times in friendlies. We saw the quality that they have; they have a great manager, but I am sure that if we were to face each other again, it would be different.”

Silva concluded by adamantly insisting that Brazil must with the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in their home country and they will do everything they can to win it.

“It is our obligation to win. The people aren’t interested in us coming third or second, it can only be first. And that is our great objective.”

Comentario

Rafinha named LFP’s February Player of the Month

Celta Vigo attacking midfielder, Rafinha has been named the LFP’s Player of the Month for February after his stellar performances have brought the Galicians back from the relegation zone to mid-table, with aspirations of something more.

In an announcement by the LFP, Rafinha was named as the Player of the Month, while Valencia manager, Juan Antonio Pizzi was bestowed the honour of LFP Manager of the Month for February, after bringing his team from close to the relegation to now fighting for the Europa League next season.

Upon receiving the award, Pizzi praised his players, insisting that they made all the difference and deserve all the credit.

“They are the main reason, the ones who are really responsible for our progress and for receiving this kind of award.”

In the Segunda Division, Eibar swept the awards for this month, as manager Gaizka Garitano and his player Jota Peleteiro were honoured for taking the team with the smallest budget in the Segunda, to the top of the table and a favourite for back to back promotion.

Comentario

Bartomeu: We’ll sign a goalkeeper and a centre-back this summer

Barcelona president, Josep Maria Bartomeu gave a lengthy interview covering almost every topic regarding is club, while insisting that they did everything right by the Neymar transfer and revealed that the club will make several signings this summer.

Bartomeu spoke to Spanish radio station, Cadena SER’s ‘El Larguero’ programme, first discussing the life of the president of FC Barcelona, before moving onto a variety of different topics.

“Being president on Barca is something I’d seen close up because when you’re president it’s different. When Sandro offered it to me, I didn’t hesitate for a second. I like to take on challenges and this is just one more. So far, I’ve had some good times and only one bad one. It’s a responsibility. We must act with sense and judgment. The power it gives you is relevant. It’s better when everything’s agreed upon.”

End of the cycle?: The truth is that we have a team with great players and, for this reason, we need to renew them bit by bit.”

Fame?: “I don’t want to be famous. I want to be the president of Barca and help my club however I can.”

Messi?: “He’s the best in the world. I want to be the president of Barca, not the best president in the world. I’m not a star. I want our players and our coaches to be the stars.”

Calm about Manchester City?: “Calm, no, but we have more than one foot in the quarter-finals. It’s these types of games they crave. We’ll sit down for lunch with City. Betraying Rosell? No, not at all. We did it in the first leg. Sandro Rosell was a very good president. We’ll continue his project.”

Rosell?: “He’s been travelling, we exchanged several messages, I believe he’s already back in Barcelona.”

Do you go down to the dressing room?: “I never go down to the dressing room before a game. At the end of the game, yes. To thank the technical staff and congratulate the team if they win.”

How is the press viewed in the club?: “It depends on the moment. We have to see that we are in a project. I think we need to be critical, saying the truth would be the most helpful for the consumer…”

[Spanish Prime Minister] Mariano Rajoy?: “…I’ve never spoken to him, I’ve never had any contact. Not with Rajoy or the Rubalcaba. Politics and sport should be different issues.”

Copa del Rey final?: “I suppose the King will come, I hope it’s a spectacular final and my team wins. What if the King’s a Real Madrid fan? We all have our team.”

What will remove you from being Barca president?: “Time. The schedule has gotten tighter. I have a job in a company. I’m not rich.”

A normal day?: “I get up at 7:15, eat breakfast at home, my wife and I take the kids to school together. Unless I’m out, I try to eat dinner at home. I haven’t changed my mobile number. I don’t need to change it because I try be as helpful as I can be. I try to answer everyone, although at the moment I’m receiving more calls than usual. I try to manage the time I have at home. I prefer not to tell my kids anything. I prefer they become Barcelona fans somewhat normally.”

Neymar’s contract?: “The cost is €57.1 million to sign him and later we paid €7.9 million to Santos for a technical agreement. That makes it €65 million. Then there’s a contract of €800,000 per year and €500,000 to the foundation. The €86 million includes the player’s salary. The signing cost €57.1 million. We’ve spoke with the Audiencia and the Judge and to avoid any future fines, we’ve paid [taxes] in Spain and Brazil. As of right now, both IRS agencies, within the time we have, should have reached an agreement. The signing was very difficult and our president took the reins.”

Rosell’s resignation?: “He didn’t resign because of Neymar, but for personal issues.”

Jordi Cases, the member who brought the initial lawsuit?: “He had every right to ask for explanations, he sued the club and we provided the information when Neymar’s father permitted it. I hope there was no one behind him. It came in October or November of 2013 and the club couldn’t answer because we had a confidentiality clause. Later, he brought the lawsuit and we explained things. Part was the transfer, the other part was a business strategy. Now all the members know the intricicies of the player’s salary.”

Will it affect the dressing room?: “I don’t think it will. We spoke with the captains and everyone thought it was for the best. The players were in agreement with what we had explained. We were clear, transparent. The contracts are legal and now the only problem is where to pay the tax.”

Tata Martino?: “We, Rosell, Zubizarreta, myself and the board all signed him. Sandro, in the few days we had to name a manager, proposed the name. I can’t say the names of the other candidates, but there were other names. He won everyone’s vote. I hope Tata has a long career as the manager of Barcelona, but the day that changes, we have to have a technical staff and we’ll look for the best possible option.”

Will he get sacked?: “We’d like him to continue and his contract says that.”

Messi’s vomiting?: “The best player in the world. The doctors say that the throwing up is nothing serious. He’s perfectly fine and in perfect health.”

Puyol?: “He asked us if it was the time to leave. He, when the season ends, will decide. We’d like him to continue on at the club. He’s a model footballer and a symbol of the essence of Barca.”

Will Messi leave if someone pays his release clause?: “I wouldn’t say it like that. I’d ask: “Would Messi want to leave Barca?” Messi doesn’t want to leave Barca, is what I think. He was formed in our club and he’s having an amazing career. I don’t think anyone will pay the release clause. If Messi wants to leave one day, we’ll try everything we can to dissuade him from leaving.”

Elections this summer?: “I already said that the contract is over in 2016.”

Transfers?: “We can’t say who will come. We will have several signings, a goalkeeper and a centre-back. We are very close to signing a goalkeeper. It was a lengthy selection process. The ones we’ve chosen are what we’d hoped for. They’ll sign at the end of the season. If Pinto doesn’t renew, we’ll have to see if there’s another goalkeeper in the lower leagues or in the market.”

Neymar?: “He’ll continue with us for many years.”

Thiago?: “He told us he wanted to leave and we negotiated the transfer in the best way possible. At Barca, sometimes it’s difficult to play. We have to respect that.”

Rafinha?: “When he finished his loan with Celta, he has a place on our team to compete.”

Cruyff?: “What we have to do is admire him. He’s an incredibly important person to this club. I can’t say if we’ll approach him or not.”

Comentario

Manchester United keep tabs on Valencia and Athletic targets

Manchester United reportedly had scouts at the draw between Valencia and Athletic Club Bilbao last Sunday, with the likes of Juan Bernat and Ander Herrera remaining under close observation.

The fact that manager David Moyes will have a sizeable war chest to spend, as Manchester United look to rebuild their team, isn’t going unnoticed in Spain. Scouts are regularly spotted attending games and monitoring a variety of possible summer options.

This last weekend, United scouts were in attendance at the La Liga encounter between Valencia and Athletic Club Bilbao, according to Valenciano sports portal Super Deporte, who claim that the key focus of attention was their very own Juan Bernat.

Reports in England have already linked the 21-year-old as a left-back option, along with Luke Shaw of Southampton, to replace Patrice Evra. The key ingredient for the young Spaniard, is his ability to play anywhere down the left flank. However, Valencia won’t be keen to let one of their pearls leave and whilst the contract of Bernat is due to expire at the end of the 2014-2015 season, it is believed his club are keen to get his signature on a new deal, as soon as they can.

Along with the Valencia player, the obvious links remain with long-term target Ander Herrera, along with other speculated Athletic Club Bilbao targets, such as Iker Muniain, Markel Susaeta and Oscar De Marcos.

How successful Manchester United may be with any official bids this summer, is still wide open to speculation, particularly in light of failed moves for Ander Herrera and Cesc Fàbregas last summer. Athletic Club Bilbao have neither the desire or willingness to sell, unless high release clauses are activated, whilst Valencia expect their takeover to be completed by the summer, which will mean they have less need to sell their most prized assets.

Comentario

Martino: If we’re not faithful to our style, we have less chances of winning

Barcelona manager Tata Martino has defended his leadership methods, following criticism from the media, whilst underlining that his team must forget about the first-leg advantage against Manchester City, by treating this game as a one-off that must be won.

The message from Barcelona manager Tata Martino, in his Champions League press conference, was that the tie against Manchester City is far from over, despite the favourable result from the first-leg.

“The only way we can put the result of this tie at risk, would be by thinking of the 0-2 lead from the first-leg. We should think of this more as a second-half, we have to go out there like we did in the first game and not speculate in our minds that we have a favourable result.”

Asked about the impact that fellow Argentine, Kun Agüero could have on the game, Martino pointed out it would be foolish to focus on stopping one quality player, when Manchester City have so many others to deal with.

“Agüero is an unsettling presence, but Manchester City have a team full of unsettling players, such as Nasri or Silva and we’ll be trying to ensure they don’t make any impact on the game.”

As for how his team will approach the game, Martino referred to the traditional Barcelona style of dominating possession, as being a part of their DNA.

“Barca practically have a way of winning and if we’re not faithful to that, we’ll have more problems, less chances of winning. This comes from ownership of the ball and comes from having up to four attacking midfielders.”

The defeat in La Liga at Real Valladolid came as a huge blow for Barca in the title race, but Martino noted that this is a completely different competition and his players are focused on Manchester City, not their weekend loss.

“The days afterwards aren’t good. We’ve spoken individually and as a group, but this is a different competition and we come into it on the back of a good result, good play and good performance from the first-leg. I think we’ve got past the defeat in Valladolid, perfectly well enough. I’m sure my players will have a great game against Manchester City.”

Martino has faced a lot of flack from fans and the media, particularly after this latest defeat. He’s not giving up on anything however, with his team fighting for silverware on three fronts.

“The very last thing anyone can say is that I don’t have strength. Even less so when we’ve still got everything ahead of us and positive things to play for. I’m absolutely not ruling out the challenge for La Liga, we’re still in the Champions League and we’re in the final of the Copa del Rey. If I didn’t have faith in this situation, then it would be time for me to do something else.”

As for his managerial methods, Martino simply explained his way of working.

“Each person has their own way of leading and my way is to lay my cards on the table, right from the first day. I don’t think the way to do things, is blaming players in press conferences, yelling, or meeting with them to be critical. If that’s the sort of leadership you’re seeking from me, then you’re looking in the wrong place.”

Amidst concerns that the connection between Neymar and Messi hasn’t worked so well as yet, along with doubts that the pair can play effectively at the same time, Martino suggested that whilst they have produced good performances together, nobody can guarantee that will always be the case.

“Messi and Neymar have still not been playing alongside one another for long, but when they have, they’ve linked up very well, most of all at the start of the season. Maybe in these last three games, they’ve not connected so well. It’s not a matter of time and there’s never a guarantee that in every game, they’ll be in tune.”

Comentario

• Re: La Liga

Contra: On Friday against Granada, I’d like to fill the Coliseum

Getafe officially presented new manager Cosmin Contra on Tuesday, with the Romanian coach thankful for the opportunity to make his return to the club, whilst keen to quickly turn things around.

Unveiled as the man who replaces Luis García at the helm, Cosmin Contra began his presentation press conference by outlining what he hopes to bring to Getafe.

“I like good football, being attacking and that the team presses opponents. Certainly, we’re going to play football, create chances, maintain our intensity and that way, fans will come to the stadium.”

Contra also explained that his methods include mixing things up a little tactically, to keep opponents guessing.

“I’m the type of manager who looks at the qualities of the players and tries to choose the best formation possible, so what I set out could change each game. I don’t need to adapt, because I already feel at home here and on Friday, we want to win. I believe that my personality will be enough to get us going.”

Having signed a contract until 2016 on Monday, Contra also expressed his thanks to former club Petrolul, for allowing him to terminate his contract with them, whilst also welcoming the opportunity offered to him by Getafe.

“I want to offer my thanks to the people back in Romania, who have understood that this was a great opportunity for me, to return to the place that was my home for five and a half years.”

“I’m also grateful to the president of Getafe, for the opportunity to coach in the Primera, which is my dream. I know everyone at this club, from the growndsman to each last employee and that will make things much easier for me.”

Joining Getafe with the team on a twelve match run of games without a win, Contra knows that he’ll have to make swift changes to their fortunes.

“The first aim is to lift morale, because there’s eleven finals left and we have to pull away from the bottom end of La Liga. We have a good enough squad to reach safety and be higher in the league than we are right now.”

As well as highlighting his desire to succeed, Contra also issued a rallying cry to fans, hoping that they’ll pack the Coliseum in numbers on Friday, for his first game in charge against Granada.

“I’m keen to get to work. I’ve come here with enthusiasm, I’m ambitious and working hard, we’ll take this forward. On Friday against Granada, I’d like to fill the Coliseum. The team needs that and I need that. If we can fill the stadium, like we did when I was a player, we’ll win for sure.”

Having already taken his first training session with the players, the Romanian coach gave his early impressions of the mood in the squad.

“The lads are really down from a psychological point of view, because not having won in twelve games, is a huge knock to take. If we’re capable of winning, that will give us the morale we need and if that can come on Friday, then the team will push ahead and we’ll see a different kind of Getafe.”

Looking ahead to the fixtures his team faces, whilst admitting they have tough games ahead, Contra has the utmost confidence in the squad at his disposal.

“It’s not going to be easy. The three points in play on Friday could give us the morale we need. There’s eleven finals to go and I’m convinced we’ll get what we need. I have a good enough squad, they’ve been fifth at one point and they’ve been there, because they’re good enough. They haven’t forgotten how to play football and we need to get back the same sensations.”

Comentario

Gerardo Martino upbeat on Barcelona's chances of success despite recent setbacks

Gerardo Martino: Barcelona boss has confidence in his team's chances of success this season

Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino remains upbeat on his team's chances of success this season despite recent setbacks in the Primera Division.

The Spanish champions were beaten 1-0 by relegation battlers Valladolid last weekend to slip to third in the table behind Real Madrid and their city rivals Atletico.

Barca have already reached final of the Copa del Rey and will qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals if they finish off Manchester City at home on Wednesday, having beaten them 2-0 last month.

But that has not stopped speculation over Martino's future at the Nou Camp, where expectations are lofty after three European triumphs in the past eight years.

Martino said: "I always stay strong especially thinking of everything that lies ahead.

"I won't forget about the league, we have a cup final and we can reach the Champions League quarter-finals. If I wasn't upbeat I would change jobs.

"This team is brave and is motivated. We have not been consistent enough, but there's not a problem with motivation or performance.

"Barcelona have good enough players to aspire, every season, to win titles. These players will turn things around.

"They know what's expected, so I don't need extra motivation. We did make lots of mistakes against Valladolid but that isn't normal in this team."

Despite winning comfortably in Manchester, Martino will not take anything for granted against a City side reeling themselves after a shock loss to Wigan in the FA Cup last weekend.

He said: "We played a very good match against Manchester City. I don't see why we can't do the same tomorrow and I am sure we will play well.

"We have to separate the league from the Champions League and we are at an advantage.

"But I think the way we could risk the result is thinking that we won 2-0 over there. The best thing is to think it's still 0-0 to try to win the match.

"We can't think about speculating with the result simply because we're in the lead."

Comentario

Barcelona and 20th Century Fox has reached an agreement to “Simpsonize” their players in honour of the 25th anniversary of ‘The Simpsons’ television series.

In a press release, Barcelona announced the agreement, which will honour the series by having one of the most recognisable clubs in the world represented on one of the most beloved television series in the world.

FC Barcelona and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products have unveiled the “Simpsonized” versions of Messi, Neymar, Xavi and Iniesta as part of a first-of-its-kind campaign featuring a collaboration between the US based company and the football club. FC Barcelona will co-create a broad line of branded merchandise that will be available to consumers in 2014.

On occasion of the 25th anniversary of the launch of the first episode of the “The Simpsons”, the FOX network has negotiated agreements with major companies and personalities in different sectors. Fox picked FC Barcelona because it is one of the most beloved teams in sports today. The agreement, which last until 2015, involves the two entities working together to create a broad range of merchandised products, with two highly differentiated focuses.

The first involves “Simpsonizing” members of the first team. The first four players to receive this treatment are Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar, although there will eventually be ten in all, the identity of whom will be revealed shortly.

The other focus is on dressing popular characters from the series in Barça uniforms. It is important to note that the “Simpsonized” players will only be used for merchandising purposes – there are no plans for them to actually appear in the TV series. In addition to FC Barcelona, other clubs involved in similar projects are Chelsea, Juventus, Boca Juniors, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Corinthians and Porto. Additional teams are expected to be announced over the forthcoming months.

“The Simpsons” is the longest running scripted TV show in the United States. It has won 28 Emmy Awards and was named ‘Best Show of the 20th Century’ by Time magazine. It was a cultural phenomenon in the 1990s and has continued to be one of the most highly appraised and innovative TV shows in the world. Its 25th season is currently showing, and the 26th is already in production.

Comentario

Pepe to Mourinho: I think it’s perfectly acceptable to look in the mirror

Real Madrid centre-back, Pepe has slammed former manager, Jose Mourinho for recent comments made about the player’s making the referees wait in the tunnel while the Blancos players lined up in front of the dressing room mirror.

In an extensive interview with Onda Cero’s ‘Al Primer Toque’ programme, Pepe sarcastically responded to Mourinho’s comments and insists that the team won’t be drawn into a war of words.

“It’s just like Mou to be the only human being that gets up in the morning and doesn’t look at himself in the mirror.

“We won’t be drawn in by it. It’s part of day-to-day life and it hasn’t affected us at all. It’s quite normal for us to look after our image in order to create a good impression for the club we play for, namely Real Madrid. When we are in front of the cameras, in the media, etc., I think this is perfectly acceptable.”

Pepe went on to praise new manager, Carlo Ancelotti for calming the rough waters left in Mourinho’s wake, while also taking a shot at the Portuguese’s lack of experience as a player.

“Ancelotti has brought calm to the team. He was a player himself and knows where he’s come from. He has settled things down and given us the tranquility we need to play well. I am very happy playing under him because he is close to the players and understands their needs.”

To tie everything together, Pepe explained his comments about Iker Casillas last season, which ultimately tore apart the relationship between he and Mourinho.

“I didn’t stand up for Iker just for being Iker Casillas, but because he is a team-mate of mine and for everything he has done for Real Madrid.”

Comentario

Ancelotti: Sign Pogba? Why not? He’s one of the best young midfielders

Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti discussed a variety of topics, including the elusive ‘Decima’, his French contingent and a possible transfer target.

In an interview with French radio station, RMC, Ancelotti admitted that his players are keen to finally with their 10th European Championship this year, something the club and fans have been wanting for over a decade.

“The history of Real Madrid is important, but in spite of that, the club hasn’t played in the Champions League final since 2002. That was a long time ago, so the objective right now is to reach the final.”

However, they will likely need to go through Bayern Munich in one form or another and feels that Pep Guardiola’s squad is the strongest side in Europe at the moment.

“Bayern Munich, at the moment, are the strongest team and pose the most danger.”

The Italian went on to praise French duo Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane, who he feels can both be pillars of Real Madrid for years to come.

“[Benzema] can get better, especially in terms of showing more character on the pitch, as right now he’s too shy.

“[Varane] has all the qualities to become the best defender in the world.”

Ancelotti then admitted that he wouldn’t be opposed to adding another Frenchman to the squad, their rumoured summer transfer target, Juventus’ Paul Pogba.

“Pogba is a very good player. He has a very good future. He is at a big club and is doing a very good job. He is a complete midfielder. Get him? Why not? This is one of the best young midfielders alongside Verratti and Isco.”

Ancelotti concluded by praising his squad and takes pride in the number of youngsters making an impact this season.

“I’m happy to have several great players in all positions. [The youngsters] are ready to play for Real Madrid, which is not easy because it requires a lot of responsibility.”

Comentario

Soriano: I don’t get the feeling Barcelona are in crisis

Former Barcelona economic vice-president and current Manchester City executive director, Ferran Soriano is happy to have smoothed things out with new president Josep Maria Bartomeu and doesn’t feel that the Catalan club is going through a crisis.

In an interview with reporters following their customary lunch, Soriano spoke about the upcoming match and the “crisis” Barcelona are currently in.

“It’s easy to think the tie is very difficult. We know that all the games are different and this one will be different from a league match

“Barcelona in crisis? I have no perspective, I have no idea because I’m not here, but in terms of football and technicality, I don’t get the feeling that they’re in crisis. Therefore, they’re extremely difficult.”

Soriano concluded by discussing former president Sandro Rosell, who cause Soriano and Bergiristain to leave for Manchester City several years ago.

“I was very happy to see people I hadn’t seen in awhile. I can’t say anything about Rosell, but the lunch was cordial. The relationship between City and Barcelona aren’t just fluid, they are very good.”

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                                Espere un momento...
                                X