Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Re: La Liga

Valencia’s Jeremy Mathieu has reiterated that he will be staying at the club despite rumoured interest from Barcelona and Bayern Munich, as the team took the opportunity to enjoy Hong Kong, during their visit for a triangular tournament in the LFP World Challenge Tour.

As Los Che continue their tour of Hong Kong, the team visited ‘The Peak’, one of Hong Kong’s most popular tourist attractions, it was there that the Frenchman spoke to VCFplay on the visit, the squad’s morale and his commitment to the club.

“I think that it is the first time we’ve all been here. We’ve got some really nice views and we have to enjoy them.”

“There are a lot of people here, and you just have to look around. The building is incredible. There are a lot of things here that we should enjoy, and see the people here at the same time.”

“We have a very good atmosphere here, as there is no pressure on us. We’re going to enjoy the last few hours here together, and have a few laughs amongst ourselves.”

“I’m 100% dedicated here. I can’t say much more, because there has been no contact from anyone else. I have my mind 100% on Valencia.”

As part of the LFP World Challenge Tour Asia, Valencia will play a triangular tournament kicking off on May, 28.

Valencia first face local team Hong Kong Rangers (13:30 in Spain) then fellow La Liga outfit Villarreal (14:30 in Spain) on the same day.

Comentario

Atletico Madrid defender Filipe Luis is not planning a summer move after being linked with a transfer to Chelsea.

Reports have claimed that Chelsea are considering Luis as a possible replacement for Ashley Cole, who is due to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of his contract.

Luis, who was linked with Manchester United in the January transfer window, joined Atletico from Deportivo La Coruna four years ago and is under contract until 2017.

The Brazilian left-back has been an important figure for Atletico this season after Diego Simeone's side won La Liga and reached the UEFA Champions League final before losing to city rivals Real 4-1 in extra-time on Saturday.

However, rather than look for a new challenge in the summer, the 28-year-old's intention is to stick with Atletico next season.

"I have a contract for three more years," Luis told O Globo. "My thought is to continue.

"We have to lift our heads high after the Champions League final defeat and think about the next goal."

Despite Luis' form and exploits for Atletico this season, he has not been selected in Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari's 23-man squad for the World Cup after only being named on stand-by.

Comentario

Getafe aren’t wasting any time in looking to attract more followers ahead of the 2014-2015 campaign in La Liga, by announcing reduced season ticket prices throughout all sectors of the stadium.

During recent years, Getafe have often been the brunt of cruel jokes, when it comes to how many empty seats there are in their Coliseum home during La Liga matches. It should be remembered however, that this is a very modest club and one which has achieved miracles, by spending ten of the last thirty seasons of their existence, in the Primera.

Founded in 1983 in the southern Madrid suburb, Getafe climbed all the way up to the top-flight of Spanish football, having started in the regional leagues in the 7th tier. Not only that, they’ve faced the unenviable task of competing for an audience with giants of the Spanish capital, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, as well as fellow Primera side, Rayo Vallecano, plus teams in neighbouring suburbs, such as Alcorcón.

Keen to boost their audience ahead of the 2014-2015 campaign in La Liga, their eleventh straight season in the Spanish top-flight, Getafe are hoping to encourage more fans to the Colisium by offering a reduction in season ticket prices.

On Monday, the club launched their campaign by announcing that adult prices will range from €220 to €420, whilst prices for children over the age of ten, will range from €115 to €325. Children under the age of ten can accompany adults to matches for the season, for between just €20 and €30, depending on the sector of the stadium.

Getafe have also announced that there will be a special seating area at one end, for youngsters and those over sixty-five, priced at just €135 for the season, whilst unemployed supporters can obtain a special discounted season ticket, priced at €110.

As per normal, the club confirmed, each season ticket holder will gain full entry to Liga BBVA, Copa del Rey, Getafe B and youth team matches, included in the price.

Comentario

Barcelona have officially announced that starting from September, ex-captain Carles Puyol, who announced his retirement earlier in the spring, will join the club’s management and become the assistant of sports director Andoni Zubizarreta.

Upon his farewell press conference earlier in May, Puyol expressed his wish to stay at the club in some role, and the announcement made by Barcelona sees the Barca icon stay in close touch with the club.

Both Puyol himself and the sports director Zubizarreta expressed their delight once the news went official.

“I want to thank FC Barcelona for everything they have given me before, and for this chance that has arisen now”, Puyol said. “I will try to the very best I can, and especially to learn a lot.”

“I have always played football and tried to do so as well as possible, and I’ll be doing the same with this. Now I need some time to rest and continue treatment on my knee, but I am really looking forward to it. I am very excited about this new stage of my life.”

Andoni Zubizarreta was also excited about the prospect of Puyol joining the sports management team.

“Puyol is joining the Football Department and we will be seeking to make the most of his experience. We also want people to realize how much he knows. He will be an assistant to the sports management, so he’ll be working with me on club projects, both internally and externally”, Zubizarreta said.

“We’ll be working in more external areas like marketing and finance, and in the technical secretary area”, the sports director continued. “I am sure I’ll learn a lot from him. We’ll have him close to all the teams, it’s a unique opportunity. A couple of years ago we spoke about what would be best for him and I’m sure he’ll come to realize that is what he’ll enjoy the most”.

Comentario

Chelsea and Barcelona are both involved in moves to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke, according to Sky sources.

Barcelona see him as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who they are looking to offload over the summer.

But Chelsea are also taking steps to bring Koke to Stamford Bridge as Jose Mourinho looks to further strengthen his squad for next season.

The 22-year-old Spain international has been at Atletico all his career and played a key role this season as Diego Simeone's side clinched the Primera Liga title and reached the Champions League final.

Madrid-born Koke only agreed an extension to his contract with Atletico in January, taking him through to 2018, and he has told Marca he is content at the club despite being flattered by Barcelona's interest.

He said: "I still haven't had time to read what has come out. I am on holiday and I plan to disconnect.

"Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world and that they are interested in you means that you must be doing something right. That is very nice for a footballer.

"In any case, I only think about keeping working. I want to stay here and everyone knows it. I see myself at Atletico next season."

Comentario

Valencia denies knowledge of any agreement between Peter Lim and Spanish bank, Bankia.

17 days have passed since the Fundación owning more than 70% of the shares in Valencia CF proclaimed that their trustees had voted unanimously that Singaporean business man Peter Lim’s offer was the best of the 4 remaining bids. While the first few days had several reports claiming other bids were superior, Aurelio Martinez, the Fundación president, left no doubt after rallying the fans at Mestalla. Both he and Valencia counterpart Amadeo Salvo revealed details proving the offer’s strength far beyond what the alternatives could produce. Both also underlined that Bankia, the main creditor and Lim, the new owner were “forced to agree”.

So, when the majority shareholder agrees to sell the shares to a third party, why does he have to deal with the bank? The answer is a series of loans owed by both the club and the Fundación, totalling 320 million euros. The discussion have been about how how exactly Lim and his new club to be would repay the bank. The speculations have been many, most claiming unreasonable demands from the bank as the reason the agreement was being delayed. Lim has in truth been forced to pay more than he initially bid, but keeping in mind that Bankia is a bank whose debtor cannot possibly repay within the time frame demanded by the EU, it is only natural that they will push for a best possible deal for themselves. Being a nationalized bank, it is actually their duty, because in theory it is the money of every Spanish.

Hard negotiations aside, the main reason for the delay has been the bank’s internal structure. First they had to agree on a proposal, then this would have to be approved by what is called a risk committee. They look into the deal, making sure that the bank is taking reasonable risk as compared to the alternatives. The deal is described as tremendously extensive and complex and encompasses much more than just a deal of repayment. Among other things, one of the main issues is said to have been the valuation of old Mestalla.

Many have today reported that a deal has been struck between the parties and as such finalizing a long and tiresome process which have lasted almost a year all in all. That would also mean unlocking Valencia in the transfer market where they are thought to have several players ready to join. Rodrigo, Cheikou Kouyaté, Andre Gomes and Enzo Perez have all admitted there is a chance they will play at the club next season.

So why is the headline not “Lim takeover completed”? Because it is not. Even though today, a major step was taken towards it, the finishing line is still a bit off. Until papers are signed it can all change in a heart beat, as we have seen it has done before. One of the main points will be Bankia accepting Mestalla as payment for parts of the 320 million. If they do, a deal is likely very close. If not, who knows.

All the parties have denied an agreement is officially made, and Valencia released a press statement saying as much; “Related to the reports surfacing regarding the same, the club want to deny any knowledge of a definitive agreement between Meriton Holding and Bankia”

Comentario

Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira, who spent last season on loan at Benfica, is set to join Atlético Madrid, after a bid close to €10 million was accepted.

Atlético Madrid have moved swiftly to agree terms with Granada for 28-year-old Brazilian full-back, Guilherme Siqueira, with a bid of just under €10 million, according to sources at the Andaluz club.

Siqueira is currently on holiday in Brazil, after spending last season out on loan at Portuguese side, Benfica, who had an option to make the move permanent, but couldn’t budget for a combination of the transfer fee and the wages of the player.

The next destination for Siqueira will be a flight to Madrid, after Granada informed him that they had accepted the bid from Atlético Madrid. All that remains now, is for the player to agree to their contract offer and terms, before finalising his move before the end of the week.

Atlético Madrid seemed keen not to waste any time whatsoever, following reports that Chelsea have their sights firmly set on taking Filipe Luis to Stamford Bridge this summer.

The move for Siqueira seems a perfect replacement for Los Colchoneros, who have kept a keen eye on his progress over the last two seasons, having had a first approach fail in the summer of 2012.

ISF editor Heath Chesters, who also has ties with Granada, gave his thoughts about the move.

“I’m really pleased for Guilherme Siquera, as he’s a great lad and a true professional. I was sorry to see him leave for Benfica last summer, although it always seemed inevitable that he’d end up at a much bigger club than Granada. It’s been a pleasure to see him play at Nuevo Los Cármenes though and I wish him the very best of luck.”

“I think he’ll really fit in very well with Atlético Madrid and their team ethos. He’s very dedicated to his game and being part of the team. He’s also a genuinely pleasant guy off the pitch too; friendly with everyone, always smiling, always happy and really appreciative of everything that football has brought him.”

“When Atlético Madrid approached last time, Siqueira was interested in the move, but didn’t force the issue out of respect for Granada. They had his contract and he felt that if he was to leave them, it had to be right not only for himself, but also for Granada. In the modern age of football, that’s something to respect, when other players might have thrown a strop to get their own way. His patience has certainly been a virtue.”

Comentario

Córdoba defender Fran Cruz has attracted the attention of numerous Primera clubs, following a fine season in the Segunda and available on a free transfer this summer, if he doesn’t agree a new contract with the Andaluz club.

One of the pearls to break through from the youth system at Córdoba, 23-year-old central defender Fran Cruz has no shortage of admirers, after what has been his breakthrough season for him in the Segunda.

Whilst Córdoba have had a contract renewal offer on the table for some months now, the player seems well aware that there are a number of Primera clubs, who have been closely monitoring his progress.

The prospect of a bargain is never lost on cash-strapped clubs in La Liga and the prospect of grabbing Fran Cruz on a free transfer, is very appetising for Levante, Espanyol and Celta Vigo in particular, according to local reports.

Fran Cruz has made 29 starts for Córdoba this season and has been a key performer at the heart of their defence, with the team currently sat in the promotion play-off zone, ahead of their final game of the season against Mallorca this Sunday.

Comentario

Buscando información sobre Edu Ramos, que suena para el Betis, me he encontrado con esto:

https://twitter.com/jjbrotons/status/478552877448044544

En las respuestas al tweet se ve a Tebas a la defensiva...de que los otros clubes han aceptado firmarlo, y yo me pregunto, ¿Qué consecuencias hay para quien no lo firme? Poruqe seguro que más dinero no van a cobrar por quejarse.
                    Editado por última vez por Berbet; https://www.betisweb.com/foro/member/99955-berbet en 18/06/14, 12:29:16.

Comentario

Celta Vigo have reportedly reached an agreement to sign Barca B defender, Sergi Gómez, who will join the Galician club on a three-year contract.

It looks like another former Barcelona player is set to complete a move to Celta Vigo, as the two clubs maintain their good relationship.

According to El Faro de Vigo, the latest incorporation at Celta Vigo will be another youth product from La Masia, Sergi Gómez, who has spent eight years with the Catalan club, but will now move to Balaídos and sign a three-year contract this coming Monday.

Sergi Gómez has represented Spain at all junior levels, including the Under-21 side and with Barca B last season, the central defender made 36 appearances in the Segunda, after being a regular in the side for the last three campaigns. Now 22-years-old, he was also handed a first-team début with Barcelona, in the 2010 SuperCopa against Sevilla and in the starting eleven, managed by Pep Guardiola.

Further reports in Mundo Deportivo also add that Sergi Gómez and his agent, Francesc Valdivieso, agreed terms with Celta Vigo on Friday, who will officially announce the deal in due course.

Comentario

Chilean international Pedro Pablo Hernández was presented as a new Celta Vigo player on Friday, and upon his presentation, the player expressed his delight over joining the club for the next four seasons.

In the presentation, also present were sporting director Miguel Torrecilla and Celta Vigo’s vice-president Ricardo Barros, who welcomed Hernández to the club with open arms.

“Welcome to Vigo and to our club”, the vice-president said. “We wish you all the luck in the World.”

The sporting director Torrecilla then went on to explain the reasons behind signing the Chilean.

“We have found a very complete player. A very technical player, a lefty, with great associative play, ability to go to the area and a physical presence that will be very important in the aerial play.”

The sporting director also revealed that Celta Vigo had spent “almost three years following and analyzing Pablo”.

Pablo Hernández himself was also pleased about the transfer, stressing that he is in full fitness to help his new club.

“I’m very happy and grateful. I’m mentally and physically prepared for the league. When Celta called I didn’t even have to think about it.”

Hernández also revealed that his compatriot Fabián Orellana, also a Celta player, convinced him to join the club.

“I spoke with Fabián and he told me that the city is very calm and that I would like it a lot, and that the club is very well organized. From what I’ve seen, it’s true. I’m very happy, and my family will also be happy here.”

After the press conference, Pablo Hernández got to pose in the new Celta Vigo jersey, and was welcomed by hundreds of fans.

“Celta is a great jump for me”, Hernández stated. “The dream of every South American footballer is to be in the Spanish league. I’ll try to keep up and offer my best version.”

Comentario

Córdoba have swooped to make their first signing of the summer and not without some irony, after capturing Deivid from the team they dramatically beat in the promotion play-off final, Las Palmas.

David Omar Rodríguez Barrera, simply known as ‘Deivid’, has become the first incorporation of the summer transfer window at Córdoba, as the Andaluz outfit prepared for their first campaign in the Primera, for 42 years.

Córdoba announced the move via their official website on Saturday, with the 25-year-old central defender joining from Las Palmas on a two-year contract, with the option of a further year.

The signing hasn’t cost Córdoba anything, after Deivid had terminated his contract with Las Palmas, having made 41 appearances last season, including with some irony, both legs of the play-off final defeat against Córdoba.

Deivid actually began his youth career with Las Palmas, but also spent time during his formative years with Unión Viera, Villarreal and eventually, Universidad Las Palmas, where he made his professional footballing début in Segunda B.

In 2010 Deivid was signed by Sevilla, playing mainly for their B team, but also making 5 appearances in the Primera, during the 2011-2012 campaign. His career then turned full cycle with a return to Las Palmas, where he’s spent the last two seasons as a key first-eleven player.

Comentario

After the transfer of Claudio Bravo to Barcelona, Real Sociedad are looking for a new keeper and one of the main candidates could be Bravo’s Chilean team-mate Cristopher Toselli, who is open to a move.

“It would be an important step in my career, but we’ll see after the World Cup”, Toselli commented. “Claudio [Bravo] has told me good things about the city, but everything will be handled after the World Cup with Chile.”

The 26-year-old Toselli, who shares a room with Bravo in Chile’s camp in Brazil, currently represents Chilean club Universidad Católica, and is Bravo’s backup goalie in the Chilean national team.

Neither Real Sociedad nor Universidad Católica have confirmed or denied the ongoing negotiations about the Chilean’s move, but the Chilean club would reportedly have set a price tag of €2 million on their keeper.

Toselli’s father Benjamin admitted earlier to Chilean newspaper La Tercera that his son would be keen to move to Spain.

“Christopher is very enthusiastic about the idea of going to La Real. He knows that Claudio Bravo has recommended him and that (former Real Sociedad and Universidad Católica manager) Martín Lasarte has also given him good references. His aim is to play in Europe and hopefully this will be one he can achieve.”

Real Sociedad have also been linked with Osasuna keeper Andrés Fernández, and Villarreal’s Juan Carlos Sánchez.

Comentario

Former Rayo Vallecano winger, Jose Carlos is set for a medical at Hospital Modelo on Monday according to the club’s official website.

Deportivo de la Coruña will sign the 26-year-old midfielder/winger on a free, following his release from Rayo Vallecano.

The Spaniard has always been regarded as a talented footballer, but never reached the heights expected of him due to his constant injury problems which ultimately prevented him from appearing regularly for Rayo Vallecano during his two year tenure at the club.

With this signing, Fernando Vazquez looks to bolster both the attacking-midfield and wing positions due to the departures of Rabello, Sissoko and Salomao who all left the club after loan moves. All three were flexible, with the ability to operate on either wing and in the middle.

Jose Carlos fits into Vazquez’s philosophy/ideology of signing versatile players to strengthen the team in various areas, rather than signing three separate players for three separate positions. This was made evident after the end of last season when Vazquez told journalists that he wants a squad of 18 players as opposed to one of 23. What with Deportivo’s financial restrictions, his philosophy is music to Tino Fernandez’s – club president – ears.

Comentario

Atletico Madrid are keen to retain the services of Argentine international midfielder, Jose Sosa, but are not willing to spend the €10 million asking price to which they agreed upon with Metalist Kharkiv prior to the 29-year-old’s six-month loan in January.

According to Spanish sports daily, AS, Metalist are at the heart of politic conflict due to recent rioting and invasion from Russia, but the league intends to continue and thus the players will have to return and play.

However, the Kiev-based club understands that Sosa has chosen to play for Atletico Madrid and with the La Liga champions also eager to keep the veteran, Metalist have no choice but to sell.

Sosa has one year remaining on his contract and as a gesture of good faith for his loyalty, Metalist would be willing to let him leave for under €10 million.

The report goes on to add that in addition to Atletico Madrid, who are the player’s first choice, two other unnamed Spanish clubs are also interested in the midfielder.

Atletico Madrid are expected to present Metalist with a bid this coming week and secure the transfer of Sosa before the team begins their pre-season workouts in early July.

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                                Espere un momento...
                                X