X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Re: La Liga

Chelsea agree £32 million deal for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa

Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed to sell coveted Spanish international striker, Diego Costa to Chelsea for £32 million.

According to sources for Sky Sports, Atletico Madrid have agreed to sell one of Europe’s most prolific strikers, with the club formally announcing the deal in early June, just before the 2014 World Cup.

Chelsea have been rumoured to be in pursuit of Costa for the majority of the season, but the annoucements comes at suspicious time, as the club is on the verge of claiming both the La Liga and Champions League titles.

Comentario

Barcelona and Leo Messi have reportedly reached an agreement on a new contract extension that will pay the Argentine forward €20 million per season, making him the highest paid footballer in the world.

According to Spanish radio stationg, Cadena COPE’s, ‘El Partido de las 12′, Barcelona will pay Messi a net salary of €20 million per season, with 3-4 million incentives, with the player retaining 100% of his image rights.

The report goes on to add that Mess’s release clause will continue to be worth €250 million, while the official length is assumed to run until 2018 or beyond, as Messi has requested an additional year until 2019.

However, it’s not all about Messi as he will be required to end his advertising contract with Turkish Airlines, as they are direct competitor to Barcelona’s sponsor, Qatar Airways.

Following Monday’s agreement, Barcelona will officially announce the new deal sometime this week, providing a massive boost to the team and fan’s morale ahead of their La Liga ‘final’ this Saturday against Atletico Madrid at the Camp Nou.

Comentario

Almería goalkeeper has officially announced that after reports were leaked in the Asturian media, he will indeed be leaving the Primera side, to join Real Oviedo in the Segunda B next season.

Veteran goalkeeper Esteban has confirmed that even though he has another year left on his contract at Almería, they and Real Oviedo have reached an agreement, that will permit him to finish his career with the club that gave him his first opportunity in the Spanish top-flight.

At a press call on Tuesday, the 38-year-old announced that reports that had been leaked in the Asturian press were true, but wished that they’d kept a tight lid on things, until Almería’s final game of the season against Athletic Club Bilbao.

“I would have preferred it if all of this was known after the game against Athletic Club Bilbao, but the rumours were spreading like wildfire in Asturias and despite my regrets at that, they were made public.”

Esteban explained that everything has been agreed between the two clubs, however, he remains frustrated that the media couldn’t wait until after the game this weekend, to release the story.

“Almería have known all the while about this matter, but they deserve my best conduct, as a person and as a player. It’s not ideal that this comes out now, ahead of such an important game, but I want everyone to know how committed I am to Almería.”

“Now more than ever, I want to say goodbye by leaving Almería in the Primera. It would be one of my greatest achievements as a sportsman and comparable to our promotion, which was very special for me.”

About the return to the club which launched his top-flight career, having first started out at nearby Avilés, Esteban explained his decision to join Real Oviedo this summer.

“My decision to go isn’t a spur of the moment thing, it’s a decision I took some time ago for personal and family reasons. I’m returning to the club of my region and I’m going to be dropping down two levels. Real Oviedo is in the Segunda B and here with Almería, we’re going to confirm permanence in the Primera. In the future, I think I’ll be more useful at Real Oviedo, than here at Almería.”

Esteban leaves Almería with plenty of fond memories of the seasons he’s spent with the club and remains eternally grateful to them.

“When I first came here, I only came for eleven months. I’ve been here at Almería for six seasons now. I’ve left many clubs in my career, saying goodbye, but I prefer to think of this departure as a farewell. All I can say right now, is thanks to Almería, the club and the city, because these have been six marvellous years for me.”

Following his official announcement at Almería, the move was then also announced by the official website of Real Oviedo, who are clearly delighted to have Esteban returning to their club, ahead of next season.

Comentario

Joan Capdevila has confirmed that he won’t be staying at Espanyol beyond the summer, suggesting that he may consider possibilities in overseas leagues, if he’s to continue his career.

Former Spain international, Joan Capdevila, has spoken with Espanyol TV on Tuesday, accepting that though he won’t be staying at the club beyond the summer, he is “very grateful to the both the club and everyone that has shown their confidence in me.”

Capdevila is out of contract on 30th and in what may have been his final moments wearing the Espanyol shirt, he was also grateful for the opportunity to bid farewell to the fans, from the pitch against Osasuna last weekend as a substitute.

“I couldn’t have dreamed of a better goodbye, with so many family and friends at the stadium. Those five minutes were amongst the most special for me, in any stadium in Spain.”

Capdevilla also expressed his thanks to Espanyol manager Javier Aguirre, who didn’t have to select the full-back for the game, given the crucial need to secure points, but did so nonetheless, along with his thanks to the club for giving him the opportunity to end his La Liga career with them.

“It’s something that we’d spoken about during the week and I’m grateful for what he did. I’ll never forget it. It shows that managers are also people and have sentiments too.”

“I’m very happy. The club have been phenomenal, has helped me every way possible and I’m satisfied with how the year has gone.”

“My time at this club has been spectacular. I couldn’t have asked for more and I would never have imagined I’d play for so long in the Primera.”

As for his future beyond Espanyol this summer, 36-year-old Capdevila admitted that he hasn’t had any thoughts yet, but he may consider playing somewhere outside Spain, before he hangs up his boots.

“I’m of a certain age now, everything is coming to an end and I’m conscious of that. I’ll try to play in another league, if the possibility to do so is there, but at the moment, it’s just talk.”

Comentario

Granada have announced that the club, in collaboration with local sponsors and the players, will pay for their fans to make the trip to Valladolid, for the crucial final match of the season.

Having missed the opportunity to secure their permanence in La Liga last weekend at home to Almería, Granada must now travel to take on Real Valladolid, in a life or death match for both teams in the Primera.

Ahead of the game and expecting a large displacement of fans, Granada have issued an official announcement, that the club, the players and local sponsors, will pay for coaches to ensure that as many supporters as possible, can get to the game at the José Zorilla.

“Granada CF are going to make coaches available for the fans, for the trip to Valladolid to support the team, in the most important game of the season.

Collaborating business’, our club and the players themselves, will finance the journey of Granada fans who wish to travel to the José Zorilla stadium for the game.”

A draw should be enough to save Granada from relegation, whilst two points beneath them and in the bottom three, nothing less than a win will do for Real Valladolid, who also announced this week, that they are offering tickets to their fans for just €5, hoping to fill the José Zorilla.

Comentario

Espanyol midfielder Abraham knows that their match against Real Madrid will have little impact on La Liga, but feels both teams will still want to compete at the highest level, to finish the season well.

Ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Bernabéu, Espanyol midfielder Abraham explained that he’s happy the team are through to the final of the Copa Catalunya, whilst also looking forward to putting on a good display against Real Madrid.

“We had a good semi-final game against Sabadell and we know that this Saturday, the team is playing for sporting pride at the Bernabéu, so we’re going there full of enthusiasm.”

Looking back at his own contributions over the season, Abraham feels pleased over all, even though he admits he could do with showing a little more self-belief at times.

“It’s positive overall. I’m content about the games I’ve played, but I think I’ve perhaps lacked having a little more confidence. I can’t complain because I know I have to work hard to get my opportunities.

As for the team, Abraham is satisfied that they achieved their primary objective of permanence in La Liga, but can’t shake the feeling that the they have much more to offer, hoping that they’ll demonstrate that next season.

We’ve all been good and despite the recent results, I think the balance of the team has been good, because we’ve had a good eight months. There’s still two games to play and we have to keep working. What we’ve done has been good, but we must aspire to more next season, ensuring that we do better than we have this season.”

Espanyol conclude their La Liga season away at Real Madrid on Saturday, before taking on Barcelona in the Copa Catalunya final, at Estadi Montilivi in Girona, next Wednesday.

Comentario

Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has refused to be drawn on the future of Cesc Fabregas, with the midfielder having been linked with a move to Manchester United.

Reports have suggested that Fabregas is high on new United manager Louis van Gaal's transfer shortlist, along with Bayern Munich playmaker Toni Kroos.

During his presentation as Barca's new boss, Enrique remained coy on the future of the former Arsenal man and whether he is set for a move to Old Trafford.

"In principle, we have not taken any decisions like that because we still have time," he told reporters.

"Some players are now focused on the World Cup finals, which is their job, and how it should be.

"We need to assess and evaluate now and when the time is right we will go into that and we will talk about everything."

Enrique also remained tight-lipped regarding Xavi's immediate future at Barcelona, with the midfielder linked with a move to the MLS.

"He is a friend and a former team-mate," he said.

"We will sit down and talk about what he wants and what we want."

The former Celta Vigo manager did, however, highlight the importance of key duo Lionel Messi and Neymar, whilst acknowledging the need to bolster their squad for next season.

"Messi brings more that just goals. He is very important to the squad and we want him at his best. If he is not then we will help to achieve that," he said.

"Neymar is obviously one of the most important players in the team. He was a big investment and I am happy to have him."

"There will be changes in several positions, we need to strengthen the team as much as possible," he added.

"If you are not up to the job, it is time for a change. We will make adjustments in every area and the better players we have the better it will be for everyone because we will have a team that generates expectations."

Comentario

Osasuna are facing the very real threat of suffering a double relegation, unless they find €7 million to cover outstanding debts before 31st July.

For many Spanish clubs, balancing the books after gathering years of accumulated debts, can be an extremely challenging and difficult task. This has been no different for Osasuna, during their 14-year stay in the Primera, which came to an end last Sunday.

The cost of relegation from the Spanish top-flight is most keenly felt in the coffers of clubs, who slide down to the next category. TV revenue is the biggest individual source of revenue for practically all clubs and at Osasuna, that’s no different. Had they stayed in the Primera, their slice of the TV pie would have risen from €22 million to €23.5 million. For the most part, that revenue stream is now lost, with TV revenue in the Segunda next season, only expected to net the club around €2.5 million.

There is however some compensation for teams descending from the Primera, in the form of parachute payments. In this case, Osasuna would receive around €13 million split into two payments over two seasons, should they fail to return to the Spanish top-flight.

Before the Pamplona based club can plan too far ahead, as to how they will absorb the huge loss of revenues however, there is an entirely more urgent and pressing matter to resolve according to local news portal, diariodenavarra.es, who report that existing debts must be resolved urgently, if Osasuna are to avoid a further ‘administrative’ relegation.

Osasuna have outstanding debt payments to be made and specifically, they include late salary payments to players and staff, which amount to the sum of around €7 million. Under LFP rules, these debts must be paid before 31st July, otherwise the club could face the very real threat of suffering a further relegation to the Segunda B, the third-tier of Spanish football.

Whilst there’s still time to avoid the ‘administrative’ relegation they could face, the board at Osasuna will undoubtedly have to move swiftly to balance their books, which following their fall from the Primera, may prove to be an immensely difficult task. Fans of the team most of all, will certainly be hoping they don’t suffer a double relegation, indeed, a double indignation, after what has been such a difficult season.

There does appear to be one potential escape route to all this however, which could come at the expense of the potential misfortunes at another club in the Basque region. Though Eibar currently occupy one of the automatic promotion spots in the Segunda, they need to raise around €1.7 million and to convert themselves to S.A.D. status (Sociedad Anónima Deportiva), to meet LFP regulations governing the finances of clubs, even though they’re debt-free. Should Eibar fail to take these steps and raise the capital they need, Osasuna are said to be preparing a petition to occupy their place in the Primera.

Meanwhile, following the incidents during the final match of the season against Real Betis, with over sixty fans injured when a safety fence collapsed, the club could face further punishment. At present, a fine of up to €60,000 is being considered by football authorities in Spain

Comentario

Almeria tactician Francisco Rodriguez has been named Liga BBVA Manager of the Month for May, after helping the newly promoted club secure safety in the Primera.

Almeria entered the last month of matches deep in a relegation battle, but thanks to the leadership of manager Francisco Rodriguez, the newly promoted club was able to secure permanence in the Primera and escape the drop.

As the youngest manager in La Liga, Francisco led the club to an unbeaten month, beating the likes of Real Betis and Granada, while also playing Athletic Club Bilbao to a scoreless draw in the last game of the season which sealed their stay in the top flight.

The Almeria boss has since been named the Liga BBVA manager of the month for the month of May, showing the hard work he put in to help the club remain in the top flight for a second season.

Following the award, Francisco thanked the league for the award, but stated that staying in the Primera was the best prize he has received.

“This is an award that I am very proud of, but it is also for the entire team. It’s a prize to be proud of because it reminds us that we achieved permanence. For two months we focused on getting points, and those points are what helped us to stay up in the Primera. The key moment of the season was our late goal against Real Betis. It gave us the belief that we could achieve our goal.”

Comentario

Roberto Carlos has reportedly been offered the vacant managerial post at Granada CF, following the decision by Lucas Alcaraz to step down from the position, after their final game of the season in La Liga.

Lucas Alcaraz took the difficult decision to stand down from his managerial post at Granada this week, suggesting that as a lifelong fan first and foremost, he felt it was time for “a new face” to head the team to loftier ambitions, as the club continues to grow on and off the field. Within a matter of hours following his farewell press conference on Tuesday, the speculation has already begun about who Granada will turn to next.

Having suggested in his final post-match press conference of the season, that it’s unlikely he’ll remain at Rayo Vallecano, there have already been rumours that Paco Jémez is amongst the favourites to take on the project at Granada, however, he’s also been strongly linked with the Málaga post, following the departure of Bernd Schuster. Keen to move to a more ambitious project though, Jémez did mention to Cadena Cope during a radio interview in the early hours of Tuesday morning, that “from a distance, I think Granada want to achieve important things.”

Perhaps the most interesting of candidates now linked with the Granada post though, is one that comes completely out of the blue. According to Sergio Yepes of local newspaper, Ideal Granada, there has been contact with former Real Madrid star and Brazil international, Roberto Carlos.

Since hanging up his boots after a glittering playing career, which included countless domestic, continental and international honours, Roberto Carlos has moved into management. His first coaching role came with Russian outfit, Anzhi Makhachkala, when he briefly became caretaker manager in 2011, whilst still a player.

The first real managerial challenge for Roberto Carlos came with a move to Turkish side, Sivasspor, at the start of last season. After an impressive campaign in charge, he guided the team to a 5th position finish in the Süper Lig and qualification for the Europa League.

Whilst working their way through what seems to be their most ambitious list of managerial candidates to date, it seems that Granada are hoping to lure the Brazilian back to La Liga, the scenario of his greatest triumphs as a player.

Since their return to the Primera, Granada have never lacked ambition with players and coaching staff they’ve targeted, however, they haven’t always been successful in getting those targets. Whether they’re able to coax Roberto Carlos to join their project, remains to be seen, though both on and off the pitch, the club continues to grow.

Ready for the 2014-2015 campaign in La Liga, Granada will have their new training complex ready for use, after some considerable delays and at a cost of around €7 million. This will provide them with some of the best training facilities in Spanish football and understandably, they’re keen to match such a strong investment with a sporting project that can push them to more prominence within Spanish football.

Likewise, there has also been suggestions that a sizeable war-chest of funds will be made available for transfers, with increased revenue due from a bigger slice of the TV pie, from what will be their fourth consecutive season in the Primera. In addition, the club may also be set to cash in on some of their most coveted playing assets, in order to fund the construction of a team that can genuinely compete in the top half of La Liga.

Players such as Yacine Brahimi, who heads to the World Cup with Algeria this summer, has been the subject of rumours in the English press, with suggestions that there are Premier League clubs lining up to bid over €10 million for his services. Young talents like Colombian central defender, Jeison Murillo, have also captured a lot of attention. He recently signed a contract extension until 2019 though, with a release clause of €35 million, which would suggest that the club would prefer to keep him and despite reports that La Liga champions, Atlético Madrid, have been closely monitoring his progress.

Whilst the summer months are always filled with much speculation around all clubs, it does look as though this could be the most ambitious period yet for Granada. After three very tough seasons amongst the elite of Spanish football, the Granadino fans will certainly be hoping that the future brings less suffering and more joy.

Comentario

Barcelona and Tata Martino parted ways last week, with Luis Enrique quickly ushered into his vacant seat. This prompted Málaga to approach the Argentine coach, just at they had last summer before he moved to the Camp Nou, but it seems they’ve been met with the same response… Again.

Following the departure of Bernd Schuster as Málaga manager, the Costa del Sol club have been linked with numerous candidates to take his place, ahead of the 2014-2015 season in La Liga.

Seemingly top of their list, was former Barcelona manager Tata Martino, who they missed out on last summer, when he turned down approaches from La Rosaleda and opted to head to the Camp Nou instead.

Having now parted ways with Barcelona, Tata Martinois back on the managerial market and wasting no time in declaring their interest once more, Málaga sporting director Mario Husillos has remained keen to offer the Argentine coach their vacant position, once again.

According to Spanish press agency EFE however, Martino has politely declined the renewed opportunity to manage Málaga, preferring to bide his time and take stock of his situation fully.

Martino has been strongly linked with the possibility of taking over from Alejandro Sabella, as coach of Argentina after the World Cup. There have also been rumours from England that Tottenham Hotspur are also keen.

Meanwhile, Málaga must continue their search elsewhere. Rayo Vallecano manager Paco Jémez was thought to be another leading target, but his club have insisted he’s going nowhere, whilst he also has a costly €6 million release clause and a year left on his contract at Vallecas.

The remaining ‘favourites’ are former Real Betis and West Bromwich Albion boss, Pepe Mel, along with former Osasuna manager, Javi Gracia, who stepped down from his position this week, after the Pamplona based side were relegated from the Primera.

The other alternative apparently on the Málaga shortlist, is former Spain international, Quique Sánchez Flores. His prior managerial experience includes spells working with the youth system at Real Madrid, followed by first-team coaching posts in La Liga with Getafe, Valencia, Benfica and Atlético Madrid. Most recently, he’s worked with Al Ahli Cluband Al Ain FC, both of the UAE Arabian Gulf League.

Comentario

Real Sociedad are looking to sign Athletic Club Bilbao midfielder Íñigo Eguaras, who will be out of contract this summer, as the player is weighing up his future with Los Leones.

Íñigo Eguaras has been a leader and regular face in the lineup for Athletic Club Bilbao’s reserve team, Bilbao Athletic, though his future with Los Leones is undecided with the midfielder out of contract at the end of this month.

Eguaras (23) has been looking for a way to break into the first team, though with Valverde’s side already boasting several defensive and holding midfielders, there just isn’t room for the young Basque at this point.

Without a real chance of making it into the first team this summer, Eguaras is looking to leave the club as his contract will be expiring in the coming day, and it is believed that he already has a suitor.

Athletic’s rivals, Real Sociedad, are said to be highly interested in signing the midfielder and have already contacted him about joining the club when his contract officially runs out.

According to reports in the Basque Country, Real Sociedad have offered him a professional contract that will see him make the switch to Anoeta and spend his first season on loan at Eibar.

Comentario

Getafe have announced on their official website that Jaime Gavilán, Pedro Mosquera and Borja Fernández, who all run out of contract on June 30th, will not continue at the club next season.

The farewell message on the club’s website thanked the players for the years they have represented the club.

“From Getafe we want to thank you for the seasons in which you have been defending our colors with professionalism and devotion to this institution. You have been a part of our family, and from here on out, we wish you the best in your professional careers.”

29-year-old Gavilán finishes a phase with Getafe that started in 2005. He was also a part of the Getafe of 2008 that reached the Copa del Rey final and the quarter-finals of the Uefa Cup. In total, the Spanish midfielder made 214 official appearances for Getafe, 184 of which in the league, and scored 17 goals.

In addition, Gavilán is the player with second most appearances for Getafe in La Liga, as only Javier Casquero (with 190) has more.

The 26-year-old Mosquero arrived in Getafe in 2010 on loan from Real Madrid Castilla. In 2012 he returned to Castilla, but returned to Getafe for the 2013-2014 season. The midfielder’s campaign was marked by irregularity and injuries, and he made a total of 25 league appearances, of which 17 as a starter.

Borja Fernández, the 33-year-old midfielder, also leaves the club. He arrived in Getafe in 2010 and has played for the club for three seasons, in 2011-2012 he was on loan in Deportivo.

In his last season with the club, Borja was given a big role by Luis Garcia Plaza, but as the Spanish coach was replaced by Cosmin Contra in March, Borja lost his place as a starter, and out of Getafe’s last 11 matches, he played in only five and started just three times.

Comentario

¿Alguien ha leído las declaraciones de Jorge Jesús cuando le han preguntado sobre irse al Valencia? No tiene desperdicio.

Comentario

Barcelona have reportedly offered Ligue 1 champions, Paris Saint Germain €20 million and right-back Dani Alves for young Brazilian centre-back, Marquinhos.

According to BeIN Sports, Barcelona have offered the Parisians €20 million and Alves, who is in the final year of his contract, for last summer’s transfer target, Marquinhos, who ultimately left Roma for PSG over Barcelona but will likely be the odd man out after the French side recently secured the €60 million transfer of centre-back, David Luiz from Chelsea.

Barcelona have priced Alves at €15 million, making the offer for Marquinhos €35 million, yet Alves’ representatives have ensured that there has been no contract with the Parisian club, while also stating that the offer has not been run by Alves.

At this point in time, Barcelona need a replacement for Puyol, who never returned as expected last season, while Paris Saint Germain may need to sell players to cover their UEFA Financial Fair Play fines.

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                                Espere un momento...
                                X