Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGuE - OCTAVOS DE FINAL

Schalke 04 1-6 Real Madrid: Real Madrid alter history and break records in rout of Schalke

Real Madrid were looking to end one of the black marks on an otherwise title-filled club, by winning on German soil, something they have only done once in their last 24 chances, while Schalke 04 were looking to transfer their strong Bundesliga form into the Champions League and shock Los Blancos.

Real Madrid were already the favourites coming into the match, after having a near-perfect winning record in 2014, but Schalke were confident they could frustrate Los Blancos.

Real Madrid immediately got to work, with the ball bouncing off Felipe Santana to the feet of Karim Benzema, who fired it in the back of the net in the 12th minute, in what would prove to be a very long night for Fährmann.

It wouldn’t take long before Real Madrid’s second most expensive signing would get in on the action, with Gareth Bale dispatching Santana and putting his side up 0-2 just 20 minutes into the match.

If it looked bad for Schalke at this point, it was about to get a lot worse, but that wouldn’t happen until the second half, as the Germans were able to regroup and hold their own from the final 25 minutes of the first half.

Following the break, however, Real Madrid were looking to make a statement as Cristiano Ronaldo, who was coming off a three-match La Liga ban, showed what it takes to be a Ballon d’Or winner, flipping end over end for a Chilena goal to put his side up 0-3 with 35 minutes remaining in the match.

Just five minutes later, Benzema would score his second goal of the evening as Schalke were systematically being torn apart.

Schalke manager, Jens Keller looked to breath new life in his squad by subbing out Boateng for Goretzka, but it would be for naught at Gareth Bale would score his second goal in the 69th minute to make it virtually impossible for Schalke to make a comeback.

Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti then began sending in the youngsters for a run out and Schalke continued to try to save face, but a Cristiano goal in the 89th minute would kill the tie for good.

Yet, there was a silver lining for Schalke, as Klass-Jan Huntelaar would score a goal in extra time, the lone piece of vengence he will have against his former club, as Real Madrid completely demoralise Schalke and look the favourites to finally win ‘La Decima.’

Schalke 04 1-6 Real Madrid

Referee: Howard Webb

Schalke 04 XI: Fährmann; Höwedes, Matip, Santana, Kolasinac (76′); Boateng (59′), Neustädter, Meyer, Farfán (72′), Draxler; Huntelaar

Subs: Goretzka (59′), Obasi (72′), Fuchs (76′)

Goals: Huntelaar (91′)

Yellow Cards: Höwedes (62′), Huntelaar (72′)

Real Madrid XI: Casillas, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale (80′), Marcelo, Xabi Alonso (73′), Carvajal, Modric, Di María (68′)

Subs: Isco (68′), Illarramendi (73′), Jese (80′)

Goals: Benzema (12′, 57′), Bale (20′, 69′), Cristiano (52′, 89′)

Yellow Cards: Di Maria (28′)

Comentario

Cristiano: I was frustrated, I didn’t deserve that ban

Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo spoke for the first time about his La Liga ban, which has kept him out of action for three weeks, and admits that he may have vented his frustrations by scoring two goals in his side’s 1-6 Champions League win over Schalke 04 on Wednesday evening.

In his post-match interview with Canal +, Cristiano spoke about the incredible performance by his squad, which saw goals from himself, Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale.

“I think the team has had some really good games this season, and this is one more. Schalke weren’t at their best. We are happy because we’re already close to the next stage.

“The three of us did very well, but not just because we scored the goals but that all eleven of us played well, from Iker, to the midfielders, to the defenders, everyone did their job. We are elated because we played so well.

“Like I said, the goalkeeper did well. But I’m very confident in my potential and my teammates helped me a lot and in the second half I scored two goals.”

Cristiano then spoke about his three-match ban and wants to put it behind him.

“What happened happened, I was frustrated because I don’t think I deserved to miss three games, but I’m happy.”

Cristiano concluded by discussing this weekend’s derby against rivals, Atletico Madrid.

“We are going into it very motivated, that’s the main word. We are Real Madrid and we will try to win at the Calderon.”

Comentario

Ancelotti: I hope we can repeat what we did today in the Derby

Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti was elated by his side’s 1-6 Champions League win over Schalke 04 on Wednesday evening and is hoping they can keep this scoreline for this weekend’s derby against Atletico Madrid.

In his post-match press conference, Ancelotti spoke about the rout and praised his players’ performances.

“I’m satisfied with everything because it was a perfect match. My players played very well together. It was fantastic, it was the most difficult. Everything went our way.

“The three of them (Cristiano, Benzema and Bale) all scored, all three were very good in the attack, but they also helped out their teammates.

“We must have respect of the fans and the opposing team. There is a return leg and football is very strange. We have a great advantage but we still have to play.”

Ancelotti insists that there was never any consideration of a German curse, but if there was, it’s gone now.

“We never thought about a ‘German curse’, rather that we must do our best to win and resolve the tie as soon as possible.”

Ancelotti concluded by hoping that they can achieve the same scoreline today in their derby match against cross-town rivals, Atletico Madrid this weekend.

“The entire squad feels good, we have fresh players. There may be changes, but it’s hard to change players when you’re playing so well. I hope to repeat today’s game in the derby.”

Comentario

Gooool de Diego costa 1-0 al Milan

Comentario

empata kaka 1-1

Comentario

gol de fortuna de arda turan 2-1 como ruge el calderon

Comentario

Golazo el primero del Atleti.

La presión de Gabi para recuperar el balón, el centro de primeras de Koke es buenísimo y cómo se tira Costa a por todas para rematar ese balón.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Pelusa97 Ver Mensaje
                  gol de fortuna de arda turan 2-1 como ruge el calderon
                  El Calderón está a tope hoy. Otras veces era el Cholo el que tiraba de ellos, pero hoy están animando lo más grande. Gran noche de Champions para ellos.

Comentario

Mientras, Bayern y Arsenal asegurando atrás. Espero que en la segunda parte los gunners saquen los cuchillos...

Comentario

golazo de cabeza de raul garcias 3-1, gran estado de forma que tiene

Comentario

Final en el Calderón, ganó el Atlético por 4-1 (un global de 5-1 en la eliminatoria).

Comentario

Barça - Manchester de City. Ojocuidao, que esto está muy lejos de haber acabado.

Y el PSG - Leverkusen. Baaaaaño.

Comentario

Impresionante como juega Messi andando. Para defender ni siquiera disimula, ni un trote y siempre alejándose de la jugada.
                            Editado por última vez por goldedani; https://www.betisweb.com/foro/member/15009-goldedani en 12/03/14, 20:43:35.

Comentario

Vaya como esta jugando Campbell...

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por lobezno8 Ver Mensaje
                                Vaya como esta jugando Campbell...
                                Se ve mejor futbolista, más hecho. Encarando, buscando a los compañeros, tirando desmarques...

A todo esto, 2-0 en Old Trafford. Empatan la eliminatoria con una segunda prometedora.

Comentario

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
                                Espere un momento...
                                X