Colapsar
X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Sergio Garcia vents anger at Betis defeat

The striker is furious with the poor defending of his team-mates in the weekend defeat by Recreativo.
    There can be no denying that Real Betis are now in a relegation battle.

Javier Camunas scored a 72nd minute winner for Recreativo to hand the Andalusians their seventh defeat in their last nine matches, form that has seen them plummet into 16th place in the Primera Division table, just four points ahead of Real Mallorca who occupy the first relegation slot.

Paco Chaparro is coming under increasing pressure, but influential players such as Edu and Mark Gonzalez have been out long-term through injury, and have been thoroughly missed.

Now it appears as if there is unrest in the dressing room, following striker Sergio Garcia's comments regarding the Recreativo winning goal yesterday.

Garcia clearly pointed the finger at the marking of Betis right-back Nelson, who let Camunas escape him to head home, and the former Barcelona forward said of the incident, "I am extremely annoyed, yes. I don't want to talk about Recreativo, because we have conceded a goal that is completely our own failure.

"A draw would have been a good result, but we gifted them the victory."

Improve, Post-Haste

The 25-year old was frustrated to see a second half effort clatter off the post, and admitted the fans had every right to be angry with the performances.

He continued, "I had a chance to give an advantage, but I did not make it and we have failed again.

"The fans have been encouraging and hopefully things can change and on Thursday we can get through to the next round."

Garcia was referring to the second leg of their Copa Del Rey match with Real Mallorca, where they must turn around a one-goal deficit to progress.

Adaptable footer

Colapsar
Espere un momento...
X